Sous Chef (Cantonese Speaking)
- Ad Placed : 29 Oct 2019 10:02:21 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : R 30000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Part Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Tourism/Hospitality
- Region : Western Cape
- Company : Status Staffing
Our Company currently seek a Mandarin / Cantonese Sous Chef to join its passionate and motivated team.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Temporary Role (Seasonal 4 month contract)
SECTOR: Hospitality / Chef
BASIC SALARY: R30 000
START DATE: 1 November 2019
The ideal candidate for this position will be technically focused, be able to work in a fast pace environment and have strong attention to detail. You will be creative with a passion for food; to assist with the day-to-day running of the Bulk Plating Section.
- Managing the Section overall and ensure quality of all production
- Conducting a daily briefing on each shift
- Ensuring stock levels are maintained
- Mise en place requirements are planned and completed
- Minimising wastage
- Ensuring that food and fridge temperatures are monitored and reported daily
- Personally checking all purchase orders
- Ensuring that a detailed handover is prepared at the end of every shift for the following chef on duty
- To regularly make menu suggestions or contributions to the Executive Chef
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
- Have a Diploma in Food Preparation and Culinary Arts
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in a 3 to 5 star Hotel or Fine Dining Establishment
- Be neat with high regard for personal hygiene and presentation
- Have solid Mandarin/Cantonese verbal, reading and writing communication skills
- Have an understanding and application of basic math calculations
- Have experience in basic kitchen administration, food ordering and stock and cost control
- Have a proven ability to train and manage people
- Be able to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays
Meet all of the above? Interested? DON’T DELAY EMAIL TODAY TO
firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 021 42 11917 ask for Maaliek.
If you’ve not heard back from us within 10 working days, please consider your application as unsuccessful for this role. We will retain your credentials for future similar roles.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.