Safety, Health, Environment & training Specialist (SHETS)
- Ad Placed : 13 Dec 2019 16:01:38 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : R 200000 - R 350000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Professions
- Region : Western Cape
- Company : PRO Personnel Employment Agency
Our client in Brackenfell has a position vacant for a Safety, Health, Environment and training specialist position available.Core Purpose:- To provide a dual function for skills development and occupational health and safety for the relevant area as appointed. The position will be responsible for the training and development of associates and customers to uplift personal expertise in line with company standards to improve business effectiveness through practical skills training and the facilitation of relevant soft skills courses. To provide an advisory and auditing function on occupational and health and safety standards to ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and OHS laws.
Key Performance Areas:-
1. Training & Development responsibility in allocated region:
- Train and develop associates to meet respective training requirements,
- Train, Assess and Certify job competency in practical tasks,
- Deliver various training courses to facilitate Skills and Knowledge transfer,
- Conduct regular follow-ups and audits to measure ROI, measure effectiveness of programmes, ensure continuous effectiveness of training methods and identify further development needs,
- Co-ordinate and provide support to regional manager at annual Training Committee meetings,
- Provide technical support and relevant training to customers for the region,
- Deliver induction sessions for new associates,
- Manage self to improve personal effectiveness.
2. OHS responsibility:
- Regularly assist branches, on-sites and factories with legal compliance on proper documentation keeping, inspections, internal audits, regular OHS meetings and reporting,
- Train Business Managers and SHE Reps on an ongoing basis with regards to Health and Safety,
- Conduct regular branch, on-site and factory OHS audits,
- Provide staff training on Basic Fire Fighting and First Aiders,
- Review and update of Standard Operating Procedures and Risk Assessments,
Conduct regular planned task observations in order to monitor safe working practices, in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures,
- Incident Investigation, reporting and distribution of Safety Alerts,
- Assist and follow up on Injuries on Duty and COID matters,
- Monthly accumulation and communication of Safety Performance Data,
- Assist with current H&S system review in accordance to corporate requirements and OSHAS 18001:2007 standards on a continuous improvement basis,
- Report and provide feedback after branch/factory/on-site visits.
Skills and experience required:-
- Sound interpersonal skills,
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter,
- A passion to succeed in a challenging environment,
- Ability to transfer skills and knowledge through presentations, written and practical demonstrations to associates,
- Applicants with an in-depth knowledge of Passenger, Commercial and/or Earthmover and/or Farm Tyres including the experience in Practical Skills associated with these tyre types will be advantageous,
- Applicants with an in-depth knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental Management systems. Understanding Implementation and Auditing of OSHAS 18001 and ISO 14001 standards will be advantageous
- Competent in MS Office,
- Be willing to relocate,
- Be in possession of a valid code 8 driver’s licence,
- Be prepared to travel extensively,
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the tyre industry will be advantageous,
- Preference will be given to designated groups.
- Training and/or OHS qualification or relevant experience,
- SAQA recognised assessor course,
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment with at least 2 years’ experience,
- Incident Investigation with 2 years’ experience.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.