Control Monitoring Centre Manager
- Ad Placed : 17 Nov 2019 23:30:10 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Professions
- Region : Western Cape
- Company : Boardroom Appointments
Our client based in Cape Town is looking for a CMC Manager to ensure that the underlying objectives of the CMC are fulfilled. The main objectives of the CMC are to maximize production from our global portfolio of plants and contributing to realizing cost reductions by ensuring: High availability through short acknowledgement and response times to failures.
Education and Minimum Requirements
- Grade 12 with relevant qualification in office administration
- A master’s degree in Engineering or Business
- Relevant work experience can compensate for the lack of formal education
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience within the areas of Electrical Power Production, or Industrial Electronics and Automation, or Information Systems, preferably including analysis of (power) production processes;
- Experience with implementing and running of SCADA and CMMS systems
- Preferably experience from the power production sector in general, or specifically from solar power or other renewable generation;
- Experience from working in a control room environment is an advantage
- Experience with performance analysis and analytics is an advantage
- Advantage with experience from working in international, multi-location environments
- Business mindset and understanding
- Strongly analytical and methodical, able to handle complex systems, calculations and argumentations, proficient in MS Excel, skilled in advanced modelling and multivariable data analysis. Programming knowledge is a plus.
- Hands-on and self-reliant, someone who takes “ownership” to tasks and see them done, flexible and adaptable with a “can-do” attitude;
- Organized, structured and able to formulate complex technical and commercial issues in a form available to non-experts; Strong reporting skills
- Assertive and organizationally skilled, able to operate in dynamic, multi-cultural, multi-location working environment, a team player able to work under pressure;
- Proficient in spoken and written English. Strong communicator
- People management skills
- High plant performance through live review and analysis of production figures, soiling data, tracker performance and string monitors to detecting and mitigating production losses
- Optimized preventive maintenance schedules
- Plant monitoring and production optimization
- Ensure timely response to operational events and alarms
- Live review and analysis of production figures, soiling data, tracker performance and string monitors to detecting
- Initiate corrective actions on identified production losses and follow-up to ensure timely close-out.
- Escalate technical and/or plant performance issues to O&M Support and/or O&M Analytics when needed
- Stay up-to-date on production status and performance issues for all plants post COD
- Forecasting and Reporting
- Provide production reports on daily, weekly and monthly basis with comments explaining main performance drivers and mitigating actions
- Ensure that plant KPIs align with reporting details
- Provide regular maintenance reports summarizing performance on key maintenance performance areas (maintenance KPI’s, equipment failure, maintenance cost, etc.).
- Ensure delivery of operational production forecast to off-taker/utility as per PPA and grid code requirements
- Ensure SCADA is operational and updated with correct plant data
- Planning and scheduling
- Ensure that all Preventative Maintenance work on the plants is planned and scheduled in line with SSO operating procedures
- Assist with and coordinate planning and scheduling of all work on the plant(s) together with the Plant Supervisors
- Identify and proactively communicate corrective work schedule according to revenue losses
- Lead and develop the CMC and its employees in line with SSOM ambition and strategy. Instate a business-oriented mindset in CMC and a culture of data-driven decision making and continuous improvement
- Develop and implement systems, processes, tools and procedures related to CMC responsibilities
- Follow and stay up to date with industry development within his/her area of responsibility
Please visit our website at www.boardroom.co.zafor more details and to register your C.V.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.