Data Support Engineer
- Ad Placed : 18 Jan 2020 02:30:32 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : R 30000 - R 30000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : IT/Computer
- Region : Western Cape
- Company : Khulanathi Chartered Alberante
Data Support Engineer needed Western Cape Exp in technical support environment â¢ Information and technology services â¢ Asset management and financial services Email email@example.com Ref as Data Support Engineer www.khulanathica.com
Data cleaning / Integrity checking
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting abilities
• Experience of creating reports using Excel or equivalent
• SQL, SSIS, database scripting (stored procedures, user defined functions, queries, triggers)
• Iterative testing including debugging and refactoring
• Present information using data visualization techniques (such as QlikView, PowerBI and
• Basic network and IT infrastructure environment knowledge
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Some experience in a programming language (advantageous)
• Any sort of ETL or Data Warehousing knowledge (advantageous)
• Statistical languages (such as R and Matlab) (advantageous)
• Experience of consuming APIs (advantageous)
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
• Ensure daily client data processing occurs successfully. Review errors and reprocess data within the agreed SLA
• Automate and enhance “start of business” checks for all client solutions. The objective of this automation is to ensure issues are proactively identified and resolved before they impact a client.
• Answer client support requests using the organisations support desk tool. This may be via multiple channels including email, telephone or instant messaging.
• Document support task progress and technical details throughout the support task lifecycle
• Use creative trouble shooting and problem-solving skills to help solve client issues.
• Follow up with clients to verify solutions are successful and drive client satisfaction.
• Escalate complex issues to the Support Desk Manager in a timely manner with appropriate details captured.
• Document problem solutions in the company knowledge base.
• Assist in the release management process, making sure that clients are on the latest versions of the Quintessence software. This entails communication with the client, internal testing, UAT and ensuing any issues are resolved before the release is live in the client environment.
• Participate in recurring support review meetings, presenting challenging support cases and new ideas to support them.
• Impress our clients with your empathy, professionalism, responsiveness, technical ability and attention to detail, representing the Quintessence brand.
• Be a strong client advocate, building trust and relationships with clients.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.