Assistant Trader/ Analyst
- Ad Placed : 11 Dec 2019 03:03:48
- Remuneration : R 420000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal / Durban / Umhlanga
- Company : Helen Wilson Recruitment
Other General Employment
For an International Agricultural Commodity Trading Company based in Umhlanga, KZN. CTC: R350K - R420K per annum depending on your qualifications and experienceDescription:
Perform a variety of support tasks and back up for the Traders including:
- Up to date analysis on market news, price trends (technical analysis), and supply & demand fundamentals;
- Analysis of market prices in Futures, FX and cash markets.
- Daily market reports
- Reuters analysis of prices and market information
- Automating processes in VBA/Excel to aid traders in spotting price opportunities
- Technical and Fundamental analysis and price forecasts.
- Daily reporting of prices to traders/clients
- Monitoring weather in key crop regions, assessing crop outlooks, El Nino observations, long-term weather patterns, storm tracking;
- Monitoring fund movements in US markets & BMD (Bursa Malaysia Derivatives Berhad)
- Support trading teams with market research as required- Updating Daily Basis moves
- Hedging assistance and identification of potential speculative positions
- Reuters Eikon user, Eikon Excel file creation and modification
- Tracking ZARand all Rand related information including technical moves.
- Macro Analysis.
- Industry related information and analysis.
- Local crop estimates of oilseeds & edible oils. ( construct own balance sheet)
- Shipping line ups from South America & Straits.
- Freight Market updates
- Data collection
- Capturing and processing information for the purpose of statistical, geospatial and quantitative analysis
- Writing of frequent reports for internal and market use
- Produce Trend analyses
- Provide Regional supply and demand stats for basis trading
- Crop production research
- Climate research
Managing director but also reporting to the traders.
- Post-graduate Degree
- Experience as an assistant trader or analyst in a commodity trading company with exposure to the grain and oilseeds industry is essential
- Preferred subjects: Agricultural Economics with a solid understanding of finance and statistics
- A farming background would be preferable
- Geographic Information Systems skills preferred
- Strong numeracy skills and very analytical approach necessary
- Excellent communication skills (English and Afrikaans - written, and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, computer literate
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment with multi-tasking skills
- Competency in Microsoft applications including good Excel skills
If you fit ALL of the requirements please send your CV in a Word format
If you have not received feedback within two weeks please presume your application has been unsuccessful
Please do not apply if you do not fit all of the requirements.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.