Plant Development Engineer
- Ad Placed : 21 Jan 2020 02:31:46
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Eastern Cape / Uitenhage
- Company : Headhunters
Other General Employment
TOP VACANCY ALERT
Our leading client in the automotive industry, is currently looking to employ an experienced and dynamic Plant Development Engineer at their Uitenhage operation.
Awesome career opportunity.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Key custodian of Production & Logistics Corporate Identity standards such as Workspaces of the Future, IT Standards, Basic Plant Infrastructure, Corporate Clothing and Branding & Communication standards.
- Plant development cross-divisional projects (e.g. vertical integration, new future model/component strategy, etc.) and key interface with finance, HR, new projects, MPE, QA, IE, Logistics, Pilot Hall, and Production Divisions related to the management of such.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring alignment, agreement and implementation of standard company Brand indirect organisational structures within Production & Logistics.
- Preparations of agendas, minutes, reports, presentations and relevant administrative functions.
- Manage adhoc projects and tasks as required by the Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Have relevant degree/diploma in engineering or equivalent (e.g. IE, Electrical, Mechanical, Logistics)
- 3-4 years’ experience in industrial/automotive/consulting environment
- Have proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Have knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Knowledge of plant layout and basic vehicle build processes
- Working knowledge of the Automotive Manufacturing industry or related manufacturing field
- Have sound knowledge of component and motor vehicle manufacturing processes
- Have the ability to communicate with all levels in the company (written and verbal)
- Have good presentation skills
- Excellent insight into cross-divisional roles such as Product Engineering, Purchasing, Process and Mechanical Planning, Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Manufacturing, Pilot Hall, IS, Production Systems, etc.
- Financial / business case knowledge/skills and ability to understand environmental legislative content
- Computer literacy – MS Office – EXCEL, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Thinkcell, – Advanced skills
- Have initiative, be a self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Extended network with external relevant stakeholders (government officials, consulting industry, other OEM’s, tertiary institutions, etc.)
- Digitalisation/Technology savvy
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.