- Ad Placed : 05 Dec 2019 03:10:24
- Remuneration : R 35000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : South Africa
- Company : AES Africa
Other General Employment
Based within the IT Department and will require regular engagement with the various Business Unit Leaders, Strategic Executives, and Heads of Department.
The focus of the BI Developer (BI Dev) is to align the group’s BI capabilities with the growing operational strategies of all areas of business.
General Database Administration
We expect to be able to utilize your database skills to oversee the general day-to-day maintenance functions across all core systems, including but not limited to:
- Oversee and implement basic disaster recovery preventative measures;
- See to DB optimization, upgrades and patches;
- Maintain and control secure access to all DB.
The success or failure of any DataWarehouse and/or BI System is only as good as its database, and we therefore rely on your expertise in this area for:
- General and day-to-day performance tuning and archiving;
- Set the standards to our applications development team for SQL code and/or queries;
- Identify poorly performing procedures and/or functions;
- Automate repetitive DB tasks.
Access to data always needs to be tightly controlled, and you will be relied upon to ensure that all such requests are dealt with securely and professionally.
Data Warehousing and Analytics
These are the core responsibilities for this position:
- Engage with various senior members of the business regarding their data insight needs;
- Develop the group’s data analytics/intelligence needs in an appropriate manner;
- Maintain the DataWarehouse environment to keep up with moving trends and tech advances.
- Minimum 3 years Microsoft SQL experience;
- Knowledge of SSRS / SSIS / SSAS / Replication;
- Solid working experience of Windows Server and SQL Server;
- Solid understanding of database design and architecture.
- Strong problem-solver;
- Able to work unsupervised;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Positive and ambitious attitude;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Approachable and able to work well in a team.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.