- Ad Placed : 08 Dec 2019 03:01:21
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : South Africa
- Company : Swift Careers
Other General Employment
To buy goods and services in support of the operation activities of the company
- Diploma in Purchasing Management
- Exposure to international procurement terms and conditions
- At least 3 years’ experience in buyer capacity in related industry
- Knowledge of applicable commercial legislation
- Experience of supplier relationship management
- Converting of orders in strict compliance with purchasing procedure.
- Investigate and action account queries promptly, when these are the result of price variances.
- Investigate supplier problems, take the appropriate action and follow up to ensure no similar problems are experienced.
- Maintain good interpersonal relations with suppliers, thus gaining the best possible service from them.
- Follow-up on outstanding orders – system maintenance.
- Select and source from suppliers in line with Preferential Procurement targets.
- Comply with all policies and procedures applicable on Procurement.
- Be fully conversant with current market prices of all items required.
- Be able to evaluate quotations.
- Negotiate discounts and settlement discounts
- Continuously review commodities and suppliers to ensure that the best possible agreements are in operation and savings reported.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.