- Ad Placed : 14 Dec 2019 02:58:43
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : South Africa
- Company : Headhunters
Other General Employment
This well establish business in the Agri Industry based in Kirkwood, is looking to employ a Packhouse Manager. This position is restricted to EE candidates.
Ideally applicants should have an Engineering qualification and strong Production Management experience.
The primary purpose for the role is to pack and dispatch quality citrus fruit for export and local market in the most productive and cost effective manner; effective utilization of machinery, equipment and material within standards set by Market Agents and application of sound labour relations.
Key Performance Areas include:
- Achieve Packhouse goals and objectives through the agreed KPI’s.
- Formulate and execute continuous improvement plans.
- Co-ordination and execution of the packing program as planned and prioritised by the Marketing department.
- Effectively manage staff and ensure compliance with company policies.
- Ensure compliance with food safety and sanitation requirements.
- Manage costs within the Packhouse against the budget.
- Lead and motivate Packhouse team to take ownership and pride in delivering the highest quality of product according to grade
- Apply WCM or Lean techniques to improve accuracy and productivity.
- Communication and assistance to growers (primary customer)
- A relevant Tertiary qualification in Engineering or operations management
- 10 years’ management experience within a production, manufacturing or citrus packing environment.
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of BRC, HACCP, and Global GAP accreditation advantageous.
- Experience of managing a production team is essential
- Advance computer literacy.
The successful candidate must be willing to work either day or night shift during the season.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.