Electrical Engineer (Building Services)
- Ad Placed : 07 Dec 2019 03:00:05
- Remuneration : R 70000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : South Africa
- Company : Jobnet Recruitment
Other General Employment
Position: Electrical Engineer (Building Services)
Salary: Market Related
Starting date: ASAP/Immediately
A well-established Construction firm in Namibia is seeking an Electrical Engineer, to carry the principles of Electrical and Mechanical work on a high-rise building project in Namibia. This is a long duration contract and the best suited candidate must be willing to relocate to Namibia for the duration of the project – applicants currently residing in Namibia will be given preference
- Must have 6 – 8 experience specializing in Building services – Electrical and Mechanical
- Completed qualification:- B.Sc. or B.Eng. Electrical Engineering
- Professional registration with the ECN would be an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
- Good understanding of electrical and mechanical systems
- Manage and supervises the performance of all Mechanical and Electrical Sub-contractors on a project. Directs and manages the day-to-day activities of subcontractors. Manage the performance of subcontractors in a manner that allows the subcontractors to progress their work in accordance with the schedule and the terms of the subcontract in the most cost-effective way. Exercise independent judgment in evaluating the performance of the subcontractors under his supervision and make recommendations to management for solving problems of performance by subcontractors
- Liaison between Electrical and Mechanical subcontractors and the main contractor
- Understand all of the subcontractor's duties and responsibilities defined in the subcontract.
- Understand all of the subcontractor's rights defined in the subcontract in order to avoid giving direction which will create changes and claims
- Supervise the activities of subordinate subcontracts coordination personnel and assign duties and responsibilities as required
- Ensure subcontractor compliance with project and contractual safety, quality and technical requirements.
- Verify that schedule requirements and progress milestones are being met by the subcontractors
- Exercise independent judgement in the evaluation of subcontractor performance
- Develop recommendations for subcontractor recovery plans for implementation by management
- Direct (manage) coordination and planning of activities of subcontractors to enhance the performance of the subcontractors.
- Maintain daily written records/logs.
- To speed up the recruitment process, please click on this link https://www.dittojobs.com/company/view/4105215201?join=true&u_id=1359641879
- Follow the prompts and complete the process to be added to our database to be eligible for this position and any future vacancies that might match your skill sets.
- ONLY candidates who FULLY COMPLETE their profile will be considered
- Please do not apply for this job if you are not suited
- General candidate registrations, can be done on this link https://www.dittojobs.com/company/view/4105215201?join=true&u_id=1359641879 and clicking on the BLUE submit/register button, found at the top of the page
- Should you match the requirements, one of our qualified consultants will be in contact with you
- Should you not have heard from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful for this position
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.