RECEPTION / NIGHT AUDITOR/ NIGHT MANAGER
- Ad Placed : 18 Jun 2019 02:00:31
- Remuneration : R 5300 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : South Africa
- Company : Dream Hotels and Resorts
Other General Employment
To assume full control of the hotel , ensuring all queries are handled efficiently and promptly. To ensure successful closing and balancing of Micros and APEX and seeing to the comfort and well being of the guests, in accordance with agreed company standards.
Responsible for: Night Cleaner & Security
Front Office & Concierge Staff of retiring shift
Front Office staff & Concierge of morning shift.
- To be readily available at all times to deal with a problem or a complaint i.e. to be equipped with a pager for immediate contact.
- To ensure late arrivals are checked in correctly and their luggage is sent to their room without delay, advised of all the facilities of the room as well as meal times and services the Hotel has to offer during the course of the day and night.
- To ensure that both Micros and APEX are balanced, and that all relevant reports are distributed.
- To do regular floor checks, noting and acting upon any irregularities.
- To hand over any maintenance requirements.
- To ensure of accurate, speedy and friendly service in room service.
- To issue stock when necessary.
- To ensure that no unruly behavior persists and to take appropriate action in the event of unreasonableness by guests or staff.
- To maintain strict security measures, by liaising with security staff.
- To carry out regular patrols of the hotel and ensure the respective staff and security are carrying out their respective duties.
- To be aware of the hotels disciplinary procedures.
- To ensure that late arrivals are made aware of services available at night.
- To ensure that room service orders are prepared to the required standards and served promptly, professionally and courteously.
- To ensure with the help of security that no unauthorized person has access to any part of the Hotel.
- To advise respective departments of staff booking off sick for the day.
- To provide in depth hand-over to Front Office Manager/Duty Manager.
- To ensure that all the restaurants and banqueting facilities are properly secured after close of business.
- To ensure that all unnecessary lights are switched off between 0h00 and 06h00.
- To ensure that all cash, floats and keys not required for the night operation are securely locked away.
- To ensure that room service trays are collected from the floors as well as orders required by guests for breakfast in their rooms.
- To ensure that wake-up call requests are actioned at the correct time.
- To ensure complaints for the night are passed on to the arriving Front Office/Duty Manager and respective H.O.D.
- Balance pre-lists from Restaurant breakfast, Restaurant dinner and Room Service.
- Print preliminary audit to ensure the system is in balance.
- Print the end of day close-out as per the Opera procedures.
- Compile and distribute Daily Flash/Revenue report ensuring all figures are accurate and correct.
- E-mail lists of registered guests, arrivals, departures, vacant rooms, daily house activity report for General Manager, H.O.D.’s and necessary departments.
- To ensure swift check-outs for early morning departures.
- Ensure a thorough handover to Reception, Concierge, Duty Manager is given informing them of all relevant information
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.