- Ad Placed : 05 Jun 2019 08:21:00
- Remuneration : R 400000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : FMCG
- Region : South Africa
- Company : Globe Recruitment
Purpose of Job:
Managing the Instrumentation requirements of the physical assets under your control with regards to running order, preservation and increasing plant efficiency.
- Ensure smooth and efficient maintenance operation of factory.
- Ensure good maintenance standards to minimise down time and cost.
- Draw up maintenance schedules for all equipment in the section and ensure that these schedules are maintained.
- To inspect all sections of the plant frequently and to assess demands that will be made on the Instrumentation section.
- To do fault finding on machines, and to improve plant efficiency by optimising the available equipment.
- To identify improvements in the process that could be made by modifying or replacement of plant and to bring such information to the attention of management.
- Generate reports from scada system /SQL server for production analysis as required by management.
- To identify and conduct such training on computer, Scada and PLC systems that will enable engineering and operating personnel to optimise such systems.
- Programme, design and modify PLC, Scada and Industrial Computer network systems, and to assist in establishing and enforcing protocol for such systems.
- To inform plant management of all situations or conditions that could result in downtime and to take all such remedial action as is necessary to minimise downtime as a result thereof.
- Negotiate, in the company’s interests, with suppliers of equipment and services. Ensuring that proper specifications are given to such suppliers, and that work done by such is of the required standard.
- Ensure all maintenance schedules are completed timeously.
- Prepare Capex applications for improvement projects.
- Ensure a clean and organised work environment in line with 5S.
Job Experience & Skills Required:
- N6 or S4 in Process Instrumentation, electrical engineering or equivalent
- 5 years maintenance experience in manufacturing or production environment
- Extensive PLC Programming experience and SCADA
- Computer literacy with MS Software and maintenance software knowledge
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.