- Ad Placed : 17 Jun 2019 02:46:00
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : South Africa
- Company : Outcor Recruitment
Other General Employment
Outcor Financial Management is a leading outsourced financial management company in South Africa. They handle every facet of financial management, from bookkeeping to payroll management, budgeting and forecasting and more.
They are currently seeking an Accountant to join the team on a permanent basis to manage a key client who are in the Insurance Industry and based in Fourways.
They are looking for a candidate who has experience with the full accounting function background from processing to management reports and financial year end reports. They need someone with a strong personality and attention to detail. The environment can be high pressured with strict deadlines (like any financial position). Someone from the insurance industry and/or from a consulting environment would be advantageous.
It would be beneficial if the candidate came from an Insurance Industry, however if not, this role will offer the opportunity to train and skill up in that industry.
- Plan month end completion dates and produce reports within 7 days of month end.
- Meet with clients and go over reports
- Statutory returns, debtors, creditors and GL recons
- Approve all journal entries both standard and general
- Review fixed asset register and ensure accuracy of deprivation entries
- Quality Assurance
- Review specific monthly management accounts
- Review weekly and monthly payrolls
- Debt collection
- Review WCA returns and assessments and communication to client
- Attend specific management meetings
- Total responsibility of accuracy of management reporting
- Ensure all statutory deadlines are met
- Ensure all company secretarial work is up to date
- Preparation of Financial Year Ends
- Assist with budgets for specific clients
- Update forecasts monthly
- Assist with Board Pack
- Assist with Fixed Asset Purchase / Financing / Feasibility
- Overall responsibility for ensuring all tax returns are submitted timeously
- Review of IT34’s and communication back to client
- Tax Clearance certificates updated at all times
- Implement Management Accounting
- Ensure all cost and stock controls are Implemented at specific clients
- Manage assets and liabilities
- Managing ratios
- Must have a degree in Accounting/Finance
- If you have completed SAIPA/SAICA articles that would be beneficial
- Experience with Pastel Packages and Caseware
- Must have minimum of 2 years work experience in Full Function Accounting position
- Will need to have your own transport as you will be travelling around Johannesburg to clients.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and be self-managed, but culture in the team is important and you therefore need to be able to work on shared projects and portfolios.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is ESSENTIAL.
Salary is negotiable depending on level of skills and experience.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.