External Sales Engineer (Electric)
- Ad Placed : 12 Dec 2019 03:04:20
- Remuneration : R 60000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Mpumalanga / Secunda
- Company : Swift Careers
Other General Employment
The main purpose of this position is to develop and maintain strong relationships with existing and potential/new customers, follow-up on quotations and successfully negotiate orders.
- Direct selling to customers and generating new sales leads.
- Visiting assigned customers according to planned calling schedules.
- Preparing budgets, estimated potential and planned profitability per customer.
- Actively promoting the sales of switchgear to existing customers and researching new market opportunities.
- Obtain enquiries, prepare quotations and follow-up to conclusion.
- Develop leads on other Products
- Assist with technical queries
- Assist with product launches, technical presentations and Trade Shows.
- Attend regular Sales and Project meetings
- Submit monthly sales report on CRM
- Maintain and update customer data base.
- Obtain information on competitor’s product, pricing policies and business strategies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Formal electrical qualification – recognised apprenticeship/diploma will be an advantage.
- Experience in Electric Motors, Variable Speed Drives and Electric Panels sales and related products.
- Extensive experience in the sales field.
- Computer literacy, specifically MS. Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SYSPRO (intermediate-advanced).
- Good negotiating and presentation skills.
- A legal drivers’ licence.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing, including formal communications and making presentations.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- A sense of urgency with a strong customer service orientation.
- Willingness and freedom to travel extensively, including frequent overnight stays away from home base.
- Hard working, resourceful, ambitious and have excellent business acumen.
- Be able to negotiate and close deals.
- Out of the Office. Position require out of town travel.
- Is subject to work beyond normal working hours, evenings, weekends and holidays should the need arise.
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs designed to keep you abreast of changes in your profession.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.