Service Technician (Electric and Automation)
- Ad Placed : 12 Nov 2019 03:06:41
- Remuneration : R 30000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Mpumalanga / Secunda
- Company : Swift Careers
Other General Employment
- Technical Support for Electric Motors and Automation departments
- Repairs and Warranties
- Maintaining and developing of QA systems
- Assisting in managing service department KPI’s
Provide 24-hour technical support for the Electric Motor & Automation business:
- Telephonic support for customers and sales staff
- On-site support for Customers and sales staff
- Site meetings
- Problem evaluation on specific applications where equipment is used
- Analyzing and drawing schematic diagrams
- Setting up and testing of Drives that are installed into panels at the Panel division or at other panel builders
- Attend to breakdowns or commissioning on-site as and when required - This may require travel away from home, after hours and also sleeping away from home
Repair of Electric Motors & Drives as well as co-ordination of warranties:
- Receiving, analyzing and report of faulty Electric Motors and Drives.
- Reporting to the client in writing and keeping proper record of repairs and returns
- Preparing and submitting warranty claims
- Keeping record of all warranty claims
Administration of the service Centre: Putting in place necessary procedures and systems for administration of the service center that will include activities such as:
- Completion of Job Cards and Goods Received Notes.
- Updating GRN schedules for motors and drives that are returned.
- Processing Job cards, Work-In-Progress, Delivery Notes.
- Ensuring that customers are timeously and correctly quoted and invoiced on Syspro where applicable.
- Creating and keeping up to date a set of master technical files for each product
- Ensuring that there is a sufficient stock level of required spares
- Comply with the prescribed company procedures and policies.
- All staff is required to service customers promptly and courteously and to ensure that all queries are speedily answered and that all commitments are fulfilled on time.
- Ensure tidy and orderly workshop environment.
- Perform any other reasonable duties assigned to you, as and when required to ensure the smooth operation of the company.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A recognised and relevant qualification (Electrician or technician + N5 / T3 / S3 / National Diploma: Electrical Engineering Heavy Current / Light Current).
- At least 3 or more years’ work experience specifically related to electric motor and drives service and repairs.
- Computer literacy – MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- A legal driver’s license.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing, including formal communications and making presentations.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- A sense of urgency with a strong customer service orientation.
- Willingness and freedom to travel extensively, including frequent overnight stays away from home base.
- Hard working, resourceful, ambitious and have excellent business acumen.
- Both in and out of office.
- Is subject to work beyond normal working hours, evenings, weekends and holidays should the need arise.
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs designed to keep you abreast of changes in your profession.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.