Technical Software Development Manager
- Ad Placed : 07 Dec 2019 02:58:36
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Johannesburg / Sandton
- Company : Outcor Recruitment
Other General Employment
A Global client of mine that specialises in digital communication solutions is currently seeking a Technical Software Development Manager to join the team. The successful candidate will not only have experience in managing high quality software development environment, but also has extensive technical and hands on experience with methodologies and technologies like Scrum, APIs, PERL, PHP and HTML. This role will be based in Rosebank.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- As the Technical Software Development Manager you will lead the software engineering function in developing, releasing, and maintaining software applications required to deliver business solutions. This includes leading a diverse team of software developers in the development of libraries, custom applications, plug-ins and productised solutions built on top of the company’s proprietary digital communications platform.
The successful candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of software engineering, software life cycles, quality management, continuous integration and build and release methodologies.
- He/She will be a strong leader with a clear vision of what a professional software development environment looks like, and the ability to lead a diverse team of software developers in achieving this goal.
- The position also involves investigating and implementing innovative technologies to continuously improve the quality and efficiency of delivery.
- Expert experience in building and leading a high quality software development environment
- Extensive experience using various methodologies and technologies like, Scrum, APIs, PERL, PHP, HTML
- Ability to hold your own in technical discussions, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence
- A combination of a highly technical hands-on software developer and an effective people manager
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of analytical skills
- Problem Solving and critical thinking skills
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.