Technology Equipment Engineering Manager
- Ad Placed : 13 Nov 2019 03:07:03
- Remuneration : R 120000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Johannesburg / Sandton
- Company : Jobnet Recruitment
Other General Employment
Position: Technology Equipment Engineering Manager
Salary: R90 000 – R120 000 p/m + Benefits
Starting date: ASAP/Immediately
Will manage the overall development, supply and installation of all technology equipment focusing on strengthening the organization’s leading global market position, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Management of direct reporters including Technology Equipment Engineers – dynamic team and may grow based on project requirements.
- Management of direct clients including the Technology Manager, Design Coordinator, Design Draftsmen, Quality Manager and Quality Inspectors.
- Management of indirect clients which may include the company’s management members, other client engineers and personnel.
- Function as a design expert - controlling new designs and design improvements across the entire organizations technology equipment.
- Execute contracts and support installations and commissioning
- Ensure compliance with relevant legal and statutory requirements & internationally accepted environmental, health, safety and quality standards.
- Taking all reasonable precautions to ensure that all the organizations Equipment, including Technology Equipment’s intellectual property stays within the company.
- Identify engineering deliverables arising from formal and informal interactions with the technology team, Technology Manager or Clients.
- Allocate engineering resources to departmental deliverables with due regard for the resources’ current work load, strengths, inclinations and business risk. Ensure that resource allocation supports the cross-skilling of the engineers across multiple equipment pieces.
- Establish delivery periods for the agreed engineering deliverables, and track deliverables formally utilizing available software (e.g. MS Project and/or MS Excel)
- Daily interaction with Technology Manager and Design Coordinator on activities, deliverables and challenges.
- Technology equipment specifications and data sheets shall be maintained, created or improved regularly.
- Drive product development (including R&D) to keep ahead of market and competitors - this will be a concerted team effort that includes:
- Obtaining or soliciting deficiencies from Clients and fabricators and implementing improvements.
- Implementing lessons learnt from previous contracts.
- Introduction of new cost-effective improvements to existing products as well as brand-new products to the market.
- Supplier assessment and development to ensure that fabricated and bought-out items are fabricated with suitable technologies and to the highest quality standards.
- Design reviews shall be conducted formally against an agreed checklist/workflow, actions/notes shall be recorded in line with the checklist as evidence that aspects were reviewed and close out actions to be tracked and reported on.
- Provide project related engineering and procurement deliverables and services for the organizations’ studies, tenders and projects. These include but are not limited to scoping, developing documentation (tenders) and cost estimates based on preliminary/typical designs, basic and detail engineering, contract cost control and review, project controls, construction, supervision, commissioning and handover.
- Compilation and implementation of quality control plans and test and inspection plans for technology equipment in collaboration with the Quality Manager.
- Presentations on the organizations technology equipment and capabilities shall be compiled and presented to clients.
- Maintain regular contact and obtain feedback from clients and suppliers.
- Assist in driving the organizations technology equipment business growth and profitability.
- Encourage an atmosphere of collaboration and team work amongst your direct reportees and clients.
- Essential Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering. A professional certification e.g. Pr.Eng/Pr.Tech – NB!!Relevant certificates and diplomas in mechanical draughting.
- Relevant post graduate qualifications albeit technical, management or business related - advantageous.
- NB!! – Min. of 10 years’ exp. with Design, Contracts and Clients in the Pyrometallurgical industry - MUST with design equipment for smelting plants
- Minimum of 5 years’ exp. at an Engineering management level, within a profit- target driven environment.
- Contract Management, Engineering, Costing/Cost Control, HAZOP, SHERQC and multi-disciplinary construction of submerged arc furnaces and other Pyrometallurgical projects.
- Client interaction - both on site and in-formal office settings e.g. meetings, design reviews, etc.
- Knowledge required:
- Application in large furnaces and multi-disciplinary furnace equipment design
- Client contact personnel
- In-depth understanding of Pyrometallurgical furnace design and layout encompassing all aspects of the process flow
- In-depth understanding of ancillary equipment supporting the operation of Pyrometallurgical furnaces including, but not limited to, cooling systems, gas cleaning and post-tap hole handling.
- Working knowledge of metallurgical operations and processes.
- Working knowledge of the Pyrometallurgical production environment - previous Operational exp. will be advantageous.
- Local & international suppliers’/competitors’ competencies and capabilities.
- Principles of FEA and CFD modelling.
- Budgeting principles & control.
- Computer skill - MS Office Suite and other computer applications.
- Latest Project Management systems and software.
- Manufacturing & construction standards in South Africa and abroad.
- Relevant legislation OHS, MHSA, COID and Environmental Conservation Acts.
- Construction management, safety, quality and programming.
- Ability to interpret 2-dimensional drawings in 3D
- Project management
- Sound written & verbal communication skills
- To speed up the recruitment process, please click on this link https://www.dittojobs.com/company/view/4105215201?join=true&u_id=1359641879
- Follow the prompts and complete the process to be added to our database to be eligible for this position and any future vacancies that might match your skill sets.
- ONLY candidates who FULLY COMPLETE their profile will be considered
- Should you match the requirements, one of our qualified consultants will be in contact with you
- Should you not have heard from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful for this position
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.