- Ad Placed : 20 Nov 2019 03:05:33
- Remuneration : R 660000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Johannesburg / Sandton
- Company : Outcor Recruitment
Other General Employment
A digital communication client of mine in Rosebank is currently looking for an innovative security specialist who can safeguard information systems by identifying and solving potential and actual security risks.
- Monitor, investigate and report on incidents.
- Be able to be a part of an incident response team and triage.
- Assess security incidents quickly and effectively and communicate a course of action to Regional Security SMEs.
- Compile and maintain information security incident reports. Ensure that all incidents are recorded and tracked to meet audit and legal requirements.
- Oversee and conduct root cause analysis to identify gaps and recommendations ultimately remediating risks to the organisation.
- Provide content creation and policy tuning for multiple security detection and alerting tools.
- Effectively manage reported system, application and device vulnerabilities and through remediation and maintenance in adherence with incident response procedures.
- Define and maintain all the security governance documents that are required to support the strategy/solutions.
- Develop and optimize processes to improve security threat identification and remediation.
- Maintain active understanding of industry practices for threat analytics and incident response.
- Assisting developers in secure coding best practices, risk mitigation techniques, and threat modelling.
- Explain, present, demonstrate (when applicable) and document the operational impact of a particular vulnerability, threat or risk.
- Monitor and maintain approved baseline network topologies and configuration.
- Compile vulnerability and penetration testing reports according to the Global Security standard.
- Conduct Phishing campaigns.
- Provide security, technical, configuration, and architecture support to Regional security SME representatives as required.
- Keep the information security toolset plan for IT functions agile and current to constantly be able to address risk.
- Create and develop policies and standards to be applied to ensure proper controls are in place.
- Embed and manage the ISO 27001 compliance standard and ensure proper processes and structures are put in place
- Define a process of understanding data flows, categorisations, locations and architecture of servers to fully be able to interpret the outputs of the reports and action accordingly.
- Manage third party interactions and manage alerts appropriately
- Manage a vulnerability management system in line with current risk management system
- Create and maintain security awareness campaigns and perform training on key security aspects and process change.
- Day to day operational tasks as assigned.
- Scheduled after-hours and weekend work might be required. The employee is required to be on standby for urgent escalations at all times.
- A minimum 2 years in a similar role
- Experience using vulnerability management tools, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and responding to network/computer intrusions and supporting inquiries.
- Knowledge of information systems security principles and methods, the requirements for certification and accreditation of systems testing and evaluation, and performance management methods.
- Knowledge of test and assessment methods to evaluate security authentication technologies.
- Knowledge of standards like PCI, SOC2, ISO 27001.
- Expansive general IT knowledge.
- Ability to conduct information security risk assessments
- Ability to create and execute security monitoring tool sets such as DLP, SIEM and Web Gateway, Cyber Protection.
- Exposure to cyber security or SOC monitoring.
- Strong technical ability.
- Stakeholder Management
- Ability to support an information security strategy that supports business needs
- Understanding of the NIST and ISO 27000 frameworks
- Business Acumen
- Interpersonal skills
- Multi task and quality focused.
- Good understanding of risk and compliance
- Understanding of business process analytics
- Project Management skills
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.