Snr. Reliability / Asset Care Engineer
- Ad Placed : 24 Jun 2019 02:45:35
- Remuneration : R 1200000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Pretoria
- Company : Profession Hub
Other General Employment
Our Manufacturing client is searching for a Senior Reliability Engineer to be based in Pretoria and willing to travel to Africa plants and other National SA plants.
- BSc Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent and higher
- Extensive experience in detailed implementation of asset care disciplines
- Strong analytical experience in determining asset failures and implementing change management disciplines
- Must have experience with an Enterprise Asset Care Management Systems such as SAP, Pragma (preferable) etc.
- Willing to travel to Africa (Nigeria/Angola) sites approximately once a month
- Proven experience shown as per responsibilities
- Preferable industry experience in Manufacturing, FMCG, Production
- Attention to detail and a results driven self-starter are key attributes desired
- Have a structured approach to problem solving
- Must be inquisitive, confident and remain calm in challenging situations.
- Must have good communication skills and train and coach staff
- Establish reliability and maintainability standards for the division Implement Reliability Engineering (RE) processes and procedures in the Division
- Implement RE systems/tools for data acquisition, analysis and reporting
- Determine asset failure probabilities
- Calculate/Maintain asset criticality ratings and update all systems
- Determine asset failure consequences on safety, production and repair costs
- Define reliability KPIs and benchmarked performance targets
- Create division wide awareness of RE principles/practices and their benefits
- Train asset care staff in RE techniques
- Contribute to the development /optimisation of asset care plans
- Ensure availability of reliability information for critical components and entrench optimal maintenance tactics based on reliability data.
- Provide input to the optimisation of spares stockholding
- Review/optimize the interpretation of Condition Monitoring reports/results and associated remedial action
- Benchmark asset reliability across the division and similar industries
- Coordinate defect elimination and focused improvements
- Manage follow-up to RCA to ensure that improvements are implemented and sustained
- Review and Optimise the interpretation and focused improvement efforts
- Conduct life cycle costing to facilitate efficient decision making on asset plans
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.