- Ad Placed : 21 Jan 2020 02:30:56
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Eastern Cape / Port Alfred
- Company : Headhunters
Other General Employment
Our prominent and respected client, a non profit organisation based in Port Alfred is currently looking to employ a General Manager.
Administration/ Financial Performance:
- Develop, execute and analyse the annual operational plan by studying technological and financial opportunities, presenting assumptions and recommending objectives.
- Analyse budget to identify areas in which reductions can be made and allocate operating budget.
- Accomplish business objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements, allocating resources, reviewing progress and making mid-course corrections.
- Coordinate activities of all departments such as to affect operational efficiency and economy.
- Confer with departments and review activities and operations to determine changes in programs or operations.
- Direct preparation of directives outlining policy, program or operations changes to be implemented.
- Coordinate efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, and technical services policies and practices and coordinating actions with corporate staff.
- Build the image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations and employees and enforcing ethical business practices.
- Report to the Board of Trustees monthly on progress.
Resident Services and Relationships:
- Manage the delivery of key services, which include: Care, Catering, Cleaning, Gardening and Maintenance.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Residents’ Committee, residents, their families, the community and service providers.
- Communicate effectively with residents to inform and advise them on management issues.
- Assist with resolving resident complaints or disputes.
- Develop and maintain active, effective relationships with local community groups and organisations to co-ordinate the provision of services and social resources.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Increase management's effectiveness by;
- Recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and disciplining managers;
- Communicating values, strategies, and objectives;
- Assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results;
- Developing incentives;
- Developing a climate for offering information and opinions;
- Providing educational opportunities.
- Acquire confirmation from The Board for all appointments of senior staff
- Ensure that all direct reports have clearly identified objectives, regular one to one meetings and an annual Performance Development Review (PDR) to review progress towards achieving objectives.
- Counsel staff to improve performance and to ensure all staff has appropriate job knowledge and skills.
- Implement disciplinary processes for direct reports.
- Contribute to close working relationships with all personnel and to help to build an open and honest culture that facilitates learning, creativity and excellence.
- Provide strategic direction for the development plans so that they are updated and refreshed on an annual basis
- Ensure that development plans achieve ongoing improvement to occupancy rates and cottage sales;
- Maintain a Business Recovery and Continuity Plan for all physical facilities
- Negotiate, manage and review service contracts to optimise service delivery, cost savings and ensure facility management needs are being met.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times and comply with policy on Protection of Personal Information thus ensuring security in the management and use of information.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be empathetic and courteous to residents and their relatives, treating them with care and consideration at all times.
- Participate fully in the performance management process and undertake Continuing Professional Development as required.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by:
- Attending educational workshops;
- Reviewing professional publications;
- Establishing personal networks;
- Benchmarking state-of-the-art practices;
- Participating in professional societies.
- Achieve and demonstrate agreed standards of personal and professional development within agreed timescales.
Qualifications/ Experience/ Skills:
- Tertiary Qualification Desirable
- Demonstrated success in a similar level management role.
- MS Office
- Experience in working within the retirement industry an advantage.
- Knowledge of, or ability to acquire knowledge of, legislation applicable to the management and operation of a retirement village in South Africa, namely the Housing Development Schemes for Retired Persons Act, 1988 (as amended from time to time)
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.