- Ad Placed : 14 Dec 2019 02:37:11
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Eastern Cape / Port Elizabeth
- Company : Headhunters
Other General Employment
Our client a reputable and well known International Accounting Firm, requires a Tax Manager to join their dynamic and versatile Port Elizabeth based team.
- Supervise the Tax Department Staff.
- Oversee the completion of Income Tax returns to ensure compliance and meeting of deadlines
- Completion of complex Income Tax Returns
- Manage the administration of provisional tax; meeting of deadlines and complete billing process
- Oversee the administration of SARS related documentation received, i.e. assessments and other notifications
- Control the input of data thus ensuring an accurate data base
- Quality assure completion of returns
- Quality assure the capturing of data
- Assist and advise staff of matters relating to completion of returns and tax administration
- Assist with tasks where bottle-necks occur in areas of responsibility
- Performing any other task which may be reasonably expected
- Controlling GreatSoft related problems in terms of tax
- Ensure delivery of documents, returns, and payments to SARS at the end of each month.
- Ensure that payments requested from clients are followed up on a regular basis
- Review all assessments checked before signed off by relevant Partners, ensuring that penalities and interest levied by SARS, and balance of accounts are correct.
- Resolve any disputes on assessments and accounts from SARS, relating to Income Tax
- In charge of the complete dispute resolution process and billing thereof
- Supervision of whole billing process via GreatSoft
- Quality assure 10% - 20% of returns before submission via a review process
- Manage the IT 14 SD process and Income Tax Review Process
- Complex queries, tax opinions and other ad-hoc tax related work required by partners
- Weekly SARS visits for update of banking details and taxpayer particulars
- Adhereing and generating additional revenue targets as set by partners
Qualifications/ Experience/ Skills:
- Grade 12 with Accounting as a subject
- Tax or other relevant qualification
- Experience in a tax environment
- Registered Tax Practitioner
- Liaising with SARS
- Supervisory experience
- Interpretation of Tax Law
- Ability to research, interpret and apply the Income Tax Act, Tax Administration Act and VAT Act for various tax related projects.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook express)
- SARS E-Filing
- Working knowledge of Income Tax Act and Tax Administration Act
- Working knowledge of the SARS dispute resolution process
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.