Logistics Supervisor (Addo)
- Ad Placed : 09 Dec 2019 02:32:36
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Eastern Cape / Port Elizabeth
- Company : Headhunters
Other General Employment
A vacancy currently exists within a dynamic and progressive global company, for a Logistics Supervisor. Please note that this role is based in Addo.
Awesome career opportunity awaits!
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures:
- Design, develop and implement relevant business policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that the work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner throughout the organization.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement within logistics and cross functional departments.
- Responsible for the final presentation of each pallet.
- Responsible for the cold rooms to operate at the requested temperatures to support fruit quality.
- Ensure that all pallets remain within the age protocols per variety as set out by the company.
- Manage relationship with transporters.
- Manage relationship with PPECB/DAFF.
- Manage relationship with Cold Stores.
- Understand customer requirements and packing schedule to forecast and plan accordingly to maximise container loads.
- Responsible for the management of all finished goods past the final inspection point.
- Responsible to achieve container load targets as set out by the company.
- Liaise between packhouse and PE logistics regarding any issues related to documentation or order fulfillment.
- Prepare reports timeously and accurately to meet company and department requirement and standards.
Health & Safety:
- Responsible for the H&S off the dispatch area and ensure that the environment is safe.
- Ensure that all equipment used are checked daily and weekly safety alerts are discussed.
- Any other reasonable request or work task as allocated by the direct manager or senior manager.
- Manage and ensure that the dispatch process follow all protocols.
The criteria and requirements are as follows:
- Qualification in Logistics or similar field advantageous.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience within the logistics field.
- Agriculture or perishable goods experience is required.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.