Demand Creation Officer (S/Based HIV/GBV PP) RHI
- Ad Placed : 25 Nov 2019 23:30:03 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER YEAR
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Medical
- Region : Mpumalanga
- Company : AJ Personnel
A Demand Creation Officer (School Based HIV & GBV Prevention Programme) vacancy is available at our Client Wits Health Consortium's Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (RHI) in the Chief Albert Luthuli District in Mpumalanga.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a renowned African-led research institute that seeks solutions to Africa’s health challenges.
It is located within the University of the Witwatersrand and addresses some of the greatest public health concerns affecting our region, including HIV and its related problems, sexual and reproductive health and vaccinology. This is done through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a leading research institute attached to the University of the Witwatersrand. We address some of the greatest public health concerns affecting the region, including HIV, sexual and reproductive health, and vaccinology. We do this through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders. Our Key Populations Programme seeks a Technical Advisor to join our senior leadership team.
Main purpose of the job
- To create the demand for the PrEP for Adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) project to access services in the mobile clinic van and the facility within the cluster
- Identify adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) most at risk
- Facilitate and demonstrate available linkages to sexual reproductive health related services (including PrEP) at fixed public health clinics and WRHI roving mobile units within that area
- Drive the mobile clinic van
- Mpumalanga (Chief Albert Luthuli)
Key performance areas
- Implementing educational and social programmes geared towards education of Sexual and Reproductive Health. (i.e. PrEP, HIV & AIDS, STI, Condom Usage, Family Planning, ARVs, Pap smear, Nutrition)
- Motivating young people to undertake regular HIV testing
- Educating young people about the option of self-testing
- Creating community awareness and demand for self-testing
- Demonstrating how to use a self-test and next steps if screen HIV positive or negative (including PrEP)
- Facilitate awareness and prevention conversations with young people in communities in formal and non-formal environments
- Provide health talks on HIV and other Sexual Reproductive Health Issues (including PrEP)
- Participating in mobile clinic project activities and other related campaigns and events
- Work with colleagues to enhance project goals and outputs
- Identify the needs of the communities
- Supply and distribute IEC materials on a continuous base to young people
- Build and maintain relationships with different stakeholders to enable the exchange of information to communities, and the mobile clinic services
- Work closely with the project PrEP team to create demand (through different platforms – community events, radio shows, outreach programmes etc.) in different settings, promote health awareness talks and distribution of various IEC materials to communities to raise the profile of PrEP as part of comprehensive SRH services
- Encourage and stimulate full participation by young people to utilize the mobile clinic services; with special attention to those who are usually forgotten, marginalized and overlooked (eg. disabled)
- Encourage young people to utilize HIV self-testing and collect self-tests at distribution points
- Encourage young people to utilize the mobile services for HIV testing services including self-testing
- Identify hot spots where a large number of young people are located and not able to access health care services (or where young people congregate)
- Assist the data collection clerks (in particular those on mobile units) where possible to complete accurate information on those referred for comprehensive SRH services, screened, offered and initiated on PrEP
- Submit paper collection sheets to data capturers at stipulated anchor clinics in the area/district
- Report on daily activities done in order to update the monthly stats on the number of people educated and assist with compiling monthly reports
- Reports on blockages that may arise from the continuum – from identifying AGYW at highest risk, demand creation, referral through to initiation
Required minimum education and training
- Grade 12 (as a result of the needs of this project)
- Relevant professional qualification or certificates in community development, HIV and communications serve as an added advantage
Required minimum work experience
- Must have worked as a community mobilizer in a community-based organization for at least 6 months and have knowledge of Sexual Health Education and HIV
- Valid Code 10 Driver’s licence with PDP
- Experience in driving code 10 and above vehicles and PDP
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Good communication skills must be able to speak local language
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Adaptable, approachable, empathetic and willing to take initiative
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV - Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
The closing date for all applications is 25 November 2019.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
SCAM ALERT - PLEASE BE AWARE! NOT AJ PERSONNEL OR ANY REPUTABLE AGENCY NOR ANY CLIENT WILL ASK MONEY FOR INTERVIEWS. NO FEES WILL BE CHARGED FOR ANY INTERVIEWS OR OFFERING YOU A JOB!!! - DON'T BE SCAMMED!!!
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.