Professional Nurse - NIMART (HIV/GBV) RHI
- Ad Placed : 25 Nov 2019 23:30:03 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER YEAR
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Medical
- Region : Mpumalanga
- Company : AJ Personnel
A Profressional Nurse - NIMART (School Based HIV & GBV Prevention Programme) vacancy is available at our Client Wits Health Consortium's Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (RHI) in the Chief Albert Luthuli District in Mpumalanga.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a renowned African-led research institute that seeks solutions to Africa’s health challenges.
It is located within the University of the Witwatersrand and addresses some of the greatest public health concerns affecting our region, including HIV and its related problems, sexual and reproductive health and vaccinology. This is done through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a leading research institute attached to the University of the Witwatersrand. We address some of the greatest public health concerns affecting the region, including HIV, sexual and reproductive health, and vaccinology. We do this through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders. Our Key Populations Programme seeks a Technical Advisor to join our senior leadership team.
Main purpose of the job
- To initiate PrEP, ART, manage HIV/TB clients, provide PICT and manage minor ailments in support of achievement of School Based HIV and GBV prevention programme targets
- To lead the community-level team in the implementation of the Schools Based programme, and in quality improvement activities to ensure quality of care for HIV/TB clients (both children, youth and adults) and AGYW
- Mpumalanga (Chief Albert Luthuli)
Key performance areas
- Screen patients for HIV, SRH, TB, GBV as part of a comprehensive package of mobile services as linked to the Integrated School Health Programme
- Refer HIV infected patients to district support partners at fixed facilities for further management and support
- Prescribe appropriate treatments
- Initiate PrEP according to DoH guidelines
- Identify and refer patients for ART
- Support counsellors and linkage officers in adherence issues and follow up of patients lost to the system
- Review difficult cases with the district clinical mentor
- Facilitate services such as down- and up-referrals
- Assist with SOP’s that will improve the running of the mobile clinic e.g. up -referral SOP
- Treat patients with other concomitant diseases or refer where appropriate
- Utilise quality improvement methodology to facilitate systems strengthening and improvements to implementation strategies
- Develop a project plan and timeline for addressing the identified needs and priorities in conjunction with counterparts - this will include the development of a mobile clinic roster to guide programme implementation at school and community level
- Implement the programme area in HCT and non-clinical prevention such as testing for HIV in TB patients, FP and STI, condom distribution
- Implement programmatic activities related to reproductive health including family planning, general adult HIV screening and linkage, Tuberculosis screening and care
- Nurse-initiated PrEP
- Monitor and review the implementation and progress of the programme work plans in conjunction with relevant stakeholders
- Review challenges and achievements
- Track changes made that lead to improved outcome measures of the mobile
- Compile and disseminate monthly reports to the Clinical supervisor
- Integrate feedback from quarterly reports into programme implementation plan and subsequent progress reports
- Compile relevant donor and WHI reports
- Participate in monitoring activities mandated by the programme management
- Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring, feedback and support
- Participate in ongoing mentorship programmes initiated by other WRHI stakeholders
Required minimum education and training
- Relevant Nursing diploma or equivalent
Required minimum work experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in public health and NIMART certificate is compulsory
- Drivers licence
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Creative may be required to travel from time to time, work after hours and on weekend when required
- Initiation of patients on PrEP in the community
- Willingness to work in the community
- May be required to travel from one testing area to another
- Willingness to work overtime and after hours
- Must be contactable after working hours
- May be required to work at sites that are under resourced and operate in a highly pressurized environment
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV - Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
The closing date for all applications is 25 November 2019.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
SCAM ALERT - PLEASE BE AWARE! NOT AJ PERSONNEL OR ANY REPUTABLE AGENCY NOR ANY CLIENT WILL ASK MONEY FOR INTERVIEWS. NO FEES WILL BE CHARGED FOR ANY INTERVIEWS OR OFFERING YOU A JOB!!! - DON'T BE SCAMMED!!!
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.