Linkage to Care Officer (Com/Based) HIV/GBV (RHI)
- Ad Placed : 25 Nov 2019 23:30:03 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER YEAR
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Medical
- Region : Mpumalanga
- Company : AJ Personnel
A Linkage to Care Officer - Community Based (School Based HIV & GBV Prevention Programme) vacancy is available at our Client Wits Health Consortium's Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (RHI) in the Chief Albert Luthuli District in Mpumalanga.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a renowned African-led research institute that seeks solutions to Africa’s health challenges.
It is located within the University of the Witwatersrand and addresses some of the greatest public health concerns affecting our region, including HIV and its related problems, sexual and reproductive health and vaccinology. This is done through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a leading research institute attached to the University of the Witwatersrand. We address some of the greatest public health concerns affecting the region, including HIV, sexual and reproductive health, and vaccinology. We do this through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders. Our Key Populations Programme seeks a Technical Advisor to join our senior leadership team.
Main purpose of the job
- To support the Community Services and Linkage Manager and Coordinators in the integration of community and clinical service delivery with a focus on improving results towards “90-90-90” in addition to supporting prevention and psychosocial targets
- Responsible for proper linkage to care of all HIV infected patients is done according to DoH guidelines
- Reporting to the Community Services and Linkage Coordinator, the Community Service & Linkages Officer will play a fundamental role in ensuring functional bi-directional referral systems between communities, clinical services, and social service providers; Strengthen linkages and coordination between social service and health workforces, implementation of comprehensive, HIV-inclusive case management
- Mpumalanga (Chief Albert Luthuli District)
Key performance areas
- Daily data capturing of lost to care patients from relevant paper-based systems
- Weekly generation of late missed visit patients from Tier.net
- Compile of weekly data and submission of data for telephonic tracing to the community and HCHC tracking personnel
- Monitoring of all registers / where indicated before capturing
- Monitor sourcing of HCT/ ART registers and/or stationery for data entry
- Management of submitted databases and receive and manage weekly feedback on outcomes of tracking and tracing
- Keep tracking log of identified errors
- Identify error resolution with MIA before data entry
- Ensure correction of quality checked data
- Training and instructing new counsellors on data entry forms
- Assisting counsellors and/or tracing clerks with data entry questions and error resolution prior to data reporting
- Provide individualized support for patients newly diagnosed with HIV, including follow up contact through phone calls or SMS
- Ensure patients newly diagnosed with HIV are linked to ART services and initiated on ART
- Ensure patients testing negative for HIV are linked to prevention services
- Assist clients with making appointments for first or follow up visits
- Follow up to ensure clients attend their scheduled appointments
- Assist with the identification of clients who require social grants as a result of their personal circumstances
- Facilitate linkages between facilities and DSD, and support access to social grants and social support services in the community
- Facilitate linkages for OVC between facilities and the community (NGOs, CBOs etc.)
- Identify community structures to provide ongoing support to patients and facilitate linkages to these as required
- Strengthen linkages and referrals between clinics, schools and community structures for children and adolescents
- In collaboration with WBOT teams and outreach team, follow up with patients who have defaulted by missing scheduled visits or non-adherence
- Participate in health promotion campaigns, including holiday programmes and youth events. These will occasionally occur on the weekend
- Distribute condoms and IEC material within the facility and community
- Recruit clients for HIV counselling and testing in the community and at the facility
- Motivate individuals and groups to bring their partners and children for HIV testing
Required minimum education and training
- Grade 12, Training in Basic HAST, HIV Counselling, Adherence Counselling and understanding of psychosocial needs and services
- Experience with PEPFAR 3.0 funded project will be an added advantage
- Excellent training skills in working with adult learners, particularly at the community level; experience in an appreciative approach a plus
- Must have a valid South African driver’s license and be willing to travel
Required minimum work experience
- Previous demonstratable tracking and tracking experience in a health or community-based organizations as a linkage officer or HTS councillor
- At least one-year administrative experience in a health facility. Experience working with CBOs and NGOS and multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated role in strengthening coordination and linkages between clinical and community stakeholders, health and social service workforces; and operationalizing integrated service delivery models
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Working knowledge of DoH HTS guidelines & protocol, patient movement in a mobile clinic and health facilities, referral system and linkage to care roadmap within a health system
- Able and willing to work flexible hours as needed and without constant or close supervision
- Must be a South African national or permanent resident with fluency in English and in at least one local indigenous South African language
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV - Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
The closing date for all applications is 25 November 2019.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
SCAM ALERT - PLEASE BE AWARE! NOT AJ PERSONNEL OR ANY REPUTABLE AGENCY NOR ANY CLIENT WILL ASK MONEY FOR INTERVIEWS. NO FEES WILL BE CHARGED FOR ANY INTERVIEWS OR OFFERING YOU A JOB!!! - DON'T BE SCAMMED!!!
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.