Training Officer (S/Based HIV & GBV PP) RHI
- Ad Placed : 01 Dec 2019 00:00:03 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER YEAR
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Medical
- Region : Mpumalanga
- Company : AJ Personnel
A Training Officer (School Based HIV & GBV Prevention Programme) vacancy is available at our Client Wits Health Consortium's Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (RHI) in the Chief Albert Luthuli District in Mpumalanga.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a renowned African-led research institute that seeks solutions to Africa’s health challenges.
It is located within the University of the Witwatersrand and addresses some of the greatest public health concerns affecting our region, including HIV and its related problems, sexual and reproductive health and vaccinology. This is done through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a leading research institute attached to the University of the Witwatersrand. We address some of the greatest public health concerns affecting the region, including HIV, sexual and reproductive health, and vaccinology. We do this through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders. Our Key Populations Programme seeks a Technical Advisor to join our senior leadership team.
Main purpose of the job
- To Complete responsibility for all training and educational activities and vested with authority commensurate at the organization level in accordance with policies and controls
- Mpumalanga (Chief Albert Luthuli)
Key performance areas
- Plan, organize, coordinate and direct training and educational activities at district and provincial levels
- Consult with District Managers ad Portfolio leads to determine training needs and schedule arrangements
- Good understanding of DBE and DOH school health and school safety policies and procedures
- Research, select and organize training courses; collate training materials, handouts, videos, pre and post- test questions, manuals and other training equipment
- Conduct training sessions and obtain the services and assistance of training specialists when courses and training procedures are of a specialized or advanced nature
- Develops, writes and coordinates training materials and handouts working with specialists for specific details
- The training materials should include course content, visual charts, videotapes, slides, etc. Type initial and/or final drafts of manuals
- Prepares training videotapes and/or films and maintains library of video and film training aids. Schedules training sessions within individual training programs ensuring facility setup, audio-visual setup and employee notification
- Conduct continuous research studies on new course materials and training procedures to develop and improve existing training data and methods
- Participate in analysis studies with managers to evaluate and determine the effectiveness of the training programs
- Visits and joins teams in field for on job mentoring and coaching
- Responsible for the department’s record systems, files and training materials inventory; prepare periodic reports and summaries to keep Management appraised of training activities and results
- Introduces topic specialists at the start of training sessions and provides courses that stimulate and motivate attendees
- Develops a means of measuring the effectiveness of divisional training programs through testing, etc.
Required minimum education and training
- Appropriate higher qualification/degree in Nursing, Education, Social Sciences or any related field, with minimum of two (2) years of training experience
- Appropriate degree in Nursing, Education, Social Sciences or any related field, with minimum of two (2) years of training experience
Required minimum work experience
- Minimum 2 years of training experience preferably in an adult training environment
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Creative ability, proficiency, visual graphics design ability
- Ability to perform challenging and complex work
- Strong professional acumen and judgment
- Demonstrated written, presentation, public speaking, communication and organizational skills in English
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to manage large teams and effectively coordinate with a range of stakeholders including government, community and other civil society organizations, and the private sector
- Demonstrated working knowledge of U.S. Government program management regulations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, tact and professionalism at all times
- Ability to exercise discretion, high levels of initiative and independent decision-making
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, time and stress management skills, and ability to work in a range of different environments
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV - Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
The closing date for all applications is 30 November 2019.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
SCAM ALERT - PLEASE BE AWARE! NOT AJ PERSONNEL OR ANY REPUTABLE AGENCY NOR ANY CLIENT WILL ASK MONEY FOR INTERVIEWS. NO FEES WILL BE CHARGED FOR ANY INTERVIEWS OR OFFERING YOU A JOB!!! - DON'T BE SCAMMED!!!
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.