Clinical Mentor (S/Based HIV & GBV PP) RHI
- Ad Placed : 25 Nov 2019 23:30:03 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER YEAR
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Medical
- Region : Mpumalanga
- Company : AJ Personnel
A Clinical Mentor (School Based HIV & GBV Prevention Programme) vacancy is available at our Client Wits Health Consortium's Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (RHI) in the Chief Albert Luthuli District in Mpumalanga.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a renowned African-led research institute that seeks solutions to Africa’s health challenges.
It is located within the University of the Witwatersrand and addresses some of the greatest public health concerns affecting our region, including HIV and its related problems, sexual and reproductive health and vaccinology. This is done through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a leading research institute attached to the University of the Witwatersrand. We address some of the greatest public health concerns affecting the region, including HIV, sexual and reproductive health, and vaccinology. We do this through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders. Our Key Populations Programme seeks a Technical Advisor to join our senior leadership team.
Main purpose of the job
- To ensure the provision of quality clinical services offered as part of a comprehensive package of care through mobile service delivery in specified geographical areas
- To contribute to the quality and ongoing monitoring ofAGYW clinical care, and achievement of School Based HIV and GBV targets, through mentoring of clinicians, and implementation of AGYW care strategies within the specified geographical area
- Mpumalanga (Chief Albert Luthuli)
Key performance areas
- Identify gaps in clinical guideline implementation at the community level (mobile) and develop plans to address these
- Identify training needs of Wits RHI clinical, DoH and other staff – provide technical assistance if needed
- Liaise with the Clinical Capacity Building Manager at Wits RHI and Technical Advisor to address training needs
- Support the implementation of clinical guidelines at the community level through on-site mentoring support and contribute to achievement of priority programmes targets
- Strengthen and support classroom/ off site training and on the job training to ensure skills transfer and competency
- Support the implementation of PrEP to ensure clinical staff are competent to initiate PrEP, refer to ART, manage and monitor retention in care for patients on PrEP, including linkage to adherence support strategies and identification and management or referral of patients failing treatment
- Provide ongoing mentorship and coaching
- Support the facilitation of formal clinical training as required
- Support the Training Team to monitor the implementation of training activities
- Working with the Training Management team, support training plans for internal, pre service, and DoH staff
- Review plan on monthly and regular basis
- Liaise with the relevant training officer and administrator regarding support required
- Prepare for training and ensure familiar with training content and methodologies
- Facilitate courses according to plan at high quality
- Assess participant learning during courses and via assessment processes
- Train clinical and non-clinical colleagues on guideline changes and new modules when required
- Participate in ongoing mentorship programmes initiated by other Wits RHI stakeholders
- Ensure all completed registers, assessments and evaluations are returned from courses and hard copies provided to the relevant training administrator
- Provide clinical services to maintain expertise (Direct Service Delivery)
- Monitor the delivery and quality of training/ mentorship at the district/ facility level
- Participate in monitoring activities mandated by the Training Department
- Participate in course reviews
- Complete training and mentoring reports including description and analysis of participant assessment and evaluation and communicate report to relevant stakeholders
- Work with the training department management and other relevant stakeholders to assess the effectiveness of training interventions via evaluation projects and communicate results and recommendations
- Work with DoH Regional Training Centers to identify potential trainers for NIMART, PICT, HCT, PrEP, adherence and basic HIV for community training and agree on a plan for training of trainers
- Train, assess and mentor potential trainers/mentors
Required minimum education and training
- Relevant Nursing degree with education qualification
- Certified clinical (NIMART, APC/PC101 and HTS) mentor
- Facilitation skills
- Certified Assessor
- Valid SA driver’s license
Required minimum work experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in public health and HIV Management, experience in adolescent HIV management with the following experience and Knowledge. PrEP and ART initiation and management of children and adolescents
- Legislative framework of HIV testing in children
- Blood collection in children and adolescents
- Professional body registration
- South African Nursing Council
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Certification in HIV Management. Sound technical knowledge of PrEPSRHR, TB,HIV integration
- Knowledge of national and provincial health structures
- Experience working in a donor funded organization / NGO or project-based environment
- Qualification or experience in training, mentoring, project management and quality improvement methodologies
- Knowledge of clinical systems and data management
- Exceptional organizational, administrative and effective communication skills together with working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Ordered and systematic in approach to tasks
- Attention to detail
- Able to write reports
- Pro-active, able to exercise discretion and independent decision-making
- Able to prioritize own workload and work towards deadlines
- Self motivated, able to work independently and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Able to speak other African languages
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV - Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
The closing date for all applications is 25 November 2019.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
SCAM ALERT - PLEASE BE AWARE! NOT AJ PERSONNEL OR ANY REPUTABLE AGENCY NOR ANY CLIENT WILL ASK MONEY FOR INTERVIEWS. NO FEES WILL BE CHARGED FOR ANY INTERVIEWS OR OFFERING YOU A JOB!!! - DON'T BE SCAMMED!!!
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.