Data Improvement Advisor (S/Based HIV/GBV PP) RHI
- Ad Placed : 25 Nov 2019 23:30:03 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER YEAR
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Medical
- Region : Mpumalanga
- Company : AJ Personnel
A Data Improvement Advisor (School Based HIV & GBV Prevention Programme) vacancy is available at our Client Wits Health Consortium's Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (RHI) in the Chief Albert Luthuli District in Mpumalanga.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a renowned African-led research institute that seeks solutions to Africa’s health challenges.
It is located within the University of the Witwatersrand and addresses some of the greatest public health concerns affecting our region, including HIV and its related problems, sexual and reproductive health and vaccinology. This is done through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a leading research institute attached to the University of the Witwatersrand. We address some of the greatest public health concerns affecting the region, including HIV, sexual and reproductive health, and vaccinology. We do this through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders. Our Key Populations Programme seeks a Technical Advisor to join our senior leadership team.
Main purpose of the job
- To provide technical support to strengthen the M&E systems for implementing the Department of Educations’ Integrated School Health Program
- Mpumalanga (Chief Albert Luthuli)
Key performance areas
- Support the development and implementation of baseline assessments to understand data quality improvement needs
- Develop a work plan and timelines for addressing the identified data needs and priorities
- Work with Data Capturers to ensure that all the programme data are captured accurately into integrated information management system
- Routinely review data entered on the integrated information management system against source documents
- Obtain, evaluate, and interpret data in order to prepare clear and precise reports on quality management
- Monitor the systematic data collection and analysis of programme indicators
- Coordinate internal Routine Data Quality Assurance (RDQA) sessions and ensure that findings are shared with the programme team
- Ensure Implementation of programme data management adheres to the Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs)
- Ensure that all programme data is secured and transmitted according to the SOP
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly program report with reference to Quality Improvement and Monitoring and Evaluation activities including data reporting and success stories
- Provide ongoing capacity building to staff members on data management principles and data quality improvement processes
- Work with the national team to develop district reports using approved templates
- Integrate feedback from monthly output reports into programme implementation plan and subsequent progress reports
- Participate actively in the generation of required Donor and other the institute reports
- Participate in regular planning sessions with line manager and/or technical specialists
- Liaise with the WRHI training team, DoE and RTC to address training gaps
- Provide support as needed for the implementation of partner data management systems
- Participate in regular meetings with district partners, information officers to discuss issues and technical response from the team
- Provide relevant on-site training as necessary
- Act as the first point of contact in assisting facility managers, HIV Coordinators etc with data related issues or mentoring
- Maintain accurate records to document processes and outputs
- Communication with all levels of the institute staff around programmatic inputs and outputs
- Communication with local, regional and international collaborators and stakeholders including donors and sponsors when and if required
- Work with the sub-district team to develop and provide relevant feedback to the facilities, schools and DoH and DoE leadership and staff
Required minimum education and training
- A Certificate, Diploma or Degree in the related field
Required minimum work experience
- 2-3 years’ experience working with data quality systems and/or data management. 3 years’ experience in public health related monitoring and evaluation programmes
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Experience working at various levels of data collection, developing and maintaining data systems, working with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Proficiency in government data management systems e.g. DHIS, EMIS, LURITS etc.
- Thorough with good attention to detail
- Ordered and systematic with a tendency to adhere to protocols
- Good administrative skills are required together with proficiency in Microsoft Office and database packages. Able to work to deadlines
- Demonstrated data capturing speed and accuracy. Confidentiality, tact and discretion must be maintained at all times
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills. Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV - Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
The closing date for all applications is 25 November 2019.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
SCAM ALERT - PLEASE BE AWARE! NOT AJ PERSONNEL OR ANY REPUTABLE AGENCY NOR ANY CLIENT WILL ASK MONEY FOR INTERVIEWS. NO FEES WILL BE CHARGED FOR ANY INTERVIEWS OR OFFERING YOU A JOB!!! - DON'T BE SCAMMED!!!
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.