System Architect / Analyst - Linux
- Ad Placed : 19 Jan 2020 02:57:07
- Remuneration : R 65000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Midrand
- Company : Outcor Recruitment
Other General Employment
I have a large, listed ISP client in Midrand that is currently looking for a System Analyst / Architect with 10 years’ experience with Linux to join the team on a permanent basis.
- Analyse infrastructure and make recommendations on necessary improvements that would help drive the business objectives.
- The candidate would be expected to build, maintain and support all internal systems, as well as work on new projects for new systems and services.
- They would need to have excellent troubleshooting skills and be able to work in a team and individually.
- Manage day to day activities, system performance, checks, Server setup, Security, patching, updating, maintenance and repairs.
- Contribute documentation towards IT Strategy i.e. operational, configuration and procedural documentation.
- Responsible for backups
- A qualification like an LPIC, Linux+, RHCSA or the equivalent is not a requirement but would be beneficial.
- Linux system administration (Debian/Ubuntu/RedHat/Centos, Apache/NGINX, MySQL/MariaDB/MongoDB/PostgreSQL, Bash, Python)
- Strong experience in Shell scripting, Perl, bash, batch etc
- Knowledge of networking protocols and technologies (TCP/IP, SOAP, HTTPS, HTTP, RADIUS, FTP, SMTP, SNMP, DNS, DHCP).
- Knowledge of Network monitoring systems - Nagios, NMIS. An excellent understanding of SNMP is a must, experience with Opmantek specifically would be good.
- Virtualization specifically Vmware, KVM and Openstack.
- Worked with Puppet scripts and administration
- Routers, Firewalls and switches, preferably with Juniper, Mikrotik, HP and Fortigate
- Webserver administration, Apache and IIS, have a good understanding of SSL, proxys, URL rewriting etc.
- Basic network experience routing fundamentals and subnets and firewalling/packet mangling (Iptables).
- All aspects of DNS management
- Email administration and support
- Strong Windows Server experience (support and integration) O365, Active Directory, File
- Some dev experience would be beneficial, nothing specific but some experience with C, C#, Java, Python, Ruby or PHP would be a bonus.
- SAN shared storage
- Experience with HP/Dell and Intel hardware
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.