Security Network Support Engineer
- Ad Placed : 18 Nov 2019 10:49:00
- Remuneration : R 600000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Johannesburg / Midrand
- Company : Outcor Recruitment
Other General Employment
An Award Winning ISP is currently looking for a Security Network Support Engineer to join their team in the Midrand area. The key function of this position is to be the point of contact for all customer firewall technical support needs and to ensure that customer service excellence is achieved for each customer interaction. Someone who is passionate about security and has experience working with Fortigate products.
- Maintaining customer communications during the problem resolution.
- FSSO setup and management
- Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with customers issues
- Respond to enquiries from clients and resolve faults
- Manage complex calls via the escalation process
- Report back to the Manager on the progress of tasked enquiries
- Manage and maintain firewall device for clients.
- Provide technical advice to lower level engineers.
- Taking immediate corrective action to restore services
- Perform other support related duties as assigned as well as documenting audits
- Provide 2nd level support for security related problems and/or tasks.
- Analyse complex firewall network problems and co-ordinate to resolution.
- Use the network performance and monitoring tools to provide ad hoc capacity planning and trending as well as technical/connectivity guidance to clients
- Submit and review planned network changes (Change Control)
- Provide technical support and analysis where required, both during business day and after hours (after hours is on a standby basis with additional allowance).
- Perform hands-on support for but not limited to: HIDS/HIPS, VPN, malware analysis and antivirus protection, content filtering, logical access controls, encryption, data loss prevention (DLP), content filtering technologies, cloud security, log correlation/management, vulnerability scanners, LDAP, and security incident response.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDE:
- Technical qualification:-
- Basic: CCNA/P, JNCIA, NSE 4
- Advanced: CCNA/P, JNCIS, NSE 6,7
- Minimum of 3-5 Years in a similar position (preferably for an ISP/Consulting firm)
- Networking knowledge –LAN, WAN, Firewall, Wireless, Wireless AP;s
- Ability to troubleshoot complex networks solutions
- Working knowledge of IT processes (i.e., ITIL) including incident, problem, defect, change and release management
- Understand and have solid expertise in TCP/IP, Layer 2 & 3.
- Understanding of Static and Dynamic Routing Protocols (BGP,RIP)
- Strong experience with Fortigate, Juniper, Cisco and possibly Palo Alto Firewall administration
- Hands on experience with networking and security hardware i.e. Routers, Switches, Firewalls.
- Experience with logging/correlation/SIEM technologies, Analysers and Fortimanager.
- Experience with security vulnerability investigation and remediation.
- Hands on experience with endpoint security technologies i.e. encryption, antivirus, DLP, HIPs, and malware
- Facilitate device refresh of network security devices with a focus on capacity, manageability, and security of new and existing security infrastructure.
- Excellent interpersonal relations, verbal and writing skills
- Accustomed to working in a high energy environment
- Attention to detail imperative
- Ability to multi-task is essential
- Have a sense of urgency and able to perform under pressure
- Ability to adapt to change
- Open to learn and grow
- Take accountability and ownership
- Proactive approach to tasks and outputs
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.