Account Manager - Water Treatment
- Ad Placed : 17 Jan 2020 23:01:18 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Sales/Marketing
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal
- Company : Sharon Nurock Recruitment cc
An Account Manager position has become available in the Direct Water Treatment division of this global manufacturing company. The main function is to execute business and sales strategies through managing, leading and directing the account/areaâs team in the implementation of key initiatives that support the on-going sustainability and profitability of the division.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- B.Sc Degree or equivalent in Chemistry / Biochemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- Post Graduate Business Qualification will be advantageous (e.g. MDP).
- Minimum 5 years technical sales experience in the General Water Treatment Industry with additional experience in managing Export Accounts is a pre-requisite. This experience should equip you to aggressively sell programs based on value and prevent attrition of existing business through technical skills and interpersonal skills.
- Chemical manufacturing industry related water treatment experience.
The incumbent will be responsibilities for the following inter alia:
- Identification of sales opportunities and delivery of high quality written proposals and oral presentations.
- Managing the sales account to execute the company's sales strategies.
- Effectively retaining and expanding business to grow sales and profit margins.
- Providing meaningful and insightful technical service for key customers.
- Ensuring the execution of an effective marketing strategy.
- Leading, directing and managing teams.
- Maintaining and improving SHERQ performance to deliver targeted sales at the lowest possible risk to the company.
- Managing and implementing Continuous Improvement.
- Travel and support business requirements in South Africa and outside of South Africa.
Must have done all of the following to be considered:
- Technical knowledge of industry related chemistries, technologies and how they impact on customers processes.
- Process chemistry selling experience will be a distinct advantage.
- Continuity of chemical supply, inclusive of deliveries and housekeeping.
- Have conducted site meetings/discussions with all levels of customers on site.
- Strict adherence/compliance with customer standards/required results, chemical and plant related.
- Budget and general administration.
- Preparation of service reports and presentation to the customer.
- Conducted internal service inspections of related equipment at customer’ site.
- Had exposure to the interpretation of water chemistry related to chemical application.
- Have a proven track record in chemical application to cooling water systems, liquid solid separation, boiler water systems and other chemical application as required.
- Good sales skills.
- Strong people management skills.
- Effective communication and relationship building.
- Able to handle pressure (work independently).
- Be a team player with cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Positive, self-motivated attitude.
- Advanced problem-solving and risk assessment skills.
- Negotiation and conflict management.
- Highly ethical and principle-driven.
- Accountability and having the ability to hold others accountable.
- Candidates must also be willing to work irregular hours and travel extensively.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.