Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Manager
- Ad Placed : 25 Feb 2020 19:30:22 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Professions
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal
- Company : Sharon Nurock Recruitment cc
This national manufacturing company is currently looking for a Manager - Pharmaceutical Manufacturing. Reporting to the Head of Operations, the role consists of:
About the Role:
- Support GMP compliant manufacture of pharmaceutical products.
- Appropriately deploy, develop and train the human resource base.
- Champion compliance on a daily basis as a corporate lifestyle and standard approach to daily work.
- Monitor and report production output and adjust resources to meet agreed upon targets.
- Monitor and report expenses against budget.
- Ensure that Capex assigned to the cost centre is properly maintained and meets financial audit requirements in conjunction with finance.
- Assist the Division Head with strategic planning for the department with respect to headcount, capital equipment, budget, compliance and training.
- B.Sc in the Engineering or Life Sciences.
- Minimum of 5 years technical experience.
- Minimum of 3 years management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- MBA adds value but only if coupled with experience.
- GMP manufacturing experience preferred.
Key Performance Areas:
- Meet production targets.
- Manage production resources to minimize errors in manufacturing and streamlines workflow within the department.
- Ensure compliance with GMP and other relevant legislation.
- Cost Centre Management by preparing reports and yearly budget in consultation with the Division Head.
- Organizational development.
- Ensure compliance with the OSH Act.
Specific SHE Requirements:
- SHE related training is mandatory.
- Adherence to SHE Instructions (Waste Segregation, Water and Energy Saving Initiatives).
- Compliance to SHE Site Rules is compulsory.
- Company uses hazardous and biologically active chemicals, the successful candidate will be required to use proper PPE and will go through medical examinations as per OSH Act requirements.
- Manufacturing management in a process environment.
- GMP Compliance – the ten principles in action.
- Can apply process science problem solving skills in a manufacturing environment including robust level of statistical and numerical methods in the analysis of manufacturing and process data.
- Interpersonal skills base; appropriate to both a union shop floor environment and interaction with senior management.
- Conflict resolution; negotiation; partnership building and influencing others.
- Quality focus that includes balanced risk and change management.
- Can work independently and seek peer review when needed.
- Written and oral communication skills adequate for technically sound reports, oral presentations and effective interaction in formal and informal management forums and staff meetings.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.