- Ad Placed : 13 Feb 2020 09:31:39 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : R 400000 - R 420000 - PER YEAR
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Professions
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal
- Company : Sharon Nurock Recruitment cc
This global manufacturing concern is currently seeking the services of an experienced Buyer.
Minimum Requirements and Experience Required:
- University Degree in Supply Chain (Major: Procurement).
- Minimum 3 to 5 years buying experience essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Vendor selection based on:
- Capacity of suppliers to meet demand;
- Delivery performance;
- Quality and reputation of suppliers;
- Financial strength of suppliers;
- Technical/engineering ability;
- After sales service;
- Warranties and guarantees;
- Price competitiveness;
- Verification and confirmation that material has been received and/or service delivered as per agreed standards.
- Maintenance of supplier database.
- Maintenance of contracts and credit applications with suppliers.
- Generation of purchase orders.
- Completion of purchase orders in terms of agreed deliveries.
- Responsibility to ensure that work commence only when purchase orders are authorised.
- Price regulation.
- Compliance with the company's payment terms or substantiation of deviations and other compliance documentation.
- Management of call outs for emergencies/breakdowns and subsequent authorisation to ensure suppliers carry out work with a purchase order.
- Responsible for collecting all BBBEE Certificates.
- Collect all OE letters.
- Reduce single source – spare supply.
- Negotiate and cost saving.
- Monthly spend report and monthly cost savings report.
Management Systems (MS):
- Understanding and adhering to all IATF 16949, ISO 14001, etc., policies, procedures and instructions.
- Ensure safety, health, environment and quality standards are followed.
- Measuring and reporting on objectives and targets.
- Initiating of and participation in corrective, preventive and improvement projects.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.