Group Category Manager
- Ad Placed : 06 Dec 2019 05:31:17 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Professions
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal
- Company : Sharon Nurock Recruitment cc
Our client, a leader in Consumer Products, currently seeks a Group Category Manager in the Group Procurement department, based at the Group Office in Umhlanga. Reporting to the Group Procurement Manager, you will lead & develop the Category team to implement detailed category plans for their portfolio, aligned to the Procurement departmentâs targets & overall business objectives for the company.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Degree in Procurement/Engineering/Supply Chain or equivalent.
- 10 years’ procurement/supply chain management experience, with sound category expertise (manufacturing/export related industry preferred).
- Extensive people management experience and well-developed leadership skills, with a proven track record in leading, developing and coaching others.
- Skilled in setting strategic direction.
- Competent in Category Management Tools and Techniques.
- Proven track record of delivering Category Management and developing, agreeing and delivering Procurement strategies including experience in promoting and the regular use of e-Purchasing tools.
- Understand the appropriate level of engagement required for successful delivery including a good grasp of P2P requirements and final delivery of Contract handover.
- Highly developed communication, presentation and relationship-building skills.
- Innovative, intuitive with ability to anticipate and interpret complex issues impacting on functional area.
- Competent negotiator, possessing strong influencing skills and gravitas, with the ability to obtain buy-in/engagement.
- Develop a working knowledge of all regulatory requirements relevant to the contracts and spend categories.
- Commercially astute and financially literate with a continuous improvement mind-set.
- Well organized and experienced in delivering stretch targets and encouraging creativity.
- Lead/project managing cross functional teams to deliver complex tasks.
- Strong analytical and data interrogation skills.
- Able to effectively lead and implement change.
- Ability to focus on delivering tangible, measurable results to exacting timescales.
- Must be prepared to travel internationally, regionally and to all operations as required.
Key Performance Areas:
- Lead Category Management team and provide thought leadership to build category strategies through to implementation plans.
- Lead Category Management for high-value contracts.
- Communicate and align strategy with Group Procurement Manager and business stakeholders.
- Set multi-year strategy roadmaps, updating as required to cater for changing business needs and supplier landscape.
- Build strategic approach to cross-category vendors.
- Provide expert market knowledge and insight and challenge to the contractual process with suppliers.
- Develop supplier segmentation by category.
- Interface with senior suppliers’ Executives and set supplier management targets.
- Oversee category strategy execution for each category.
- Track and manage category savings and performance.
- Lead, develop and coach the Category Management team.
- Maximise use of all e-Procurement tools within the category to ensure document retention, knowledge management and to drive maximum value.
- Lead team negotiations to ensure necessary contracts drawn up, negotiated, agreed and service level agreements are successfully delivered.
- Monitor the performance of agreements and proactively act to ensure all parties meet contract expectations.
- Manage the contract database to ensure contract renewal is strategically managed.
- Category management, e-Procurement tools and negotiation preparation.
- Participate in, and lead, cross-category and cross-functional projects as required.
- Maintain strong working relationships with group teams.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.