- Ad Placed : 11 Dec 2019 23:31:08 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : R 500000 - PER YEAR
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Professions
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal
- Company : Sharon Nurock Recruitment cc
Our client, based in Richards Bay, currently has a vacancy for a Project Engineer in their Engineering department. You will provide project management services to guarantee the effective and efficient delivery of all projects at Richards Bay site.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Engineering Diploma or Degree.
- Project management qualification would be advantageous.
- Minimum 3 years project management experience in the chemical/petro-chemical industry.
- Good understanding of SHEQ systems (OHSAS18001, ISO14001 & ISO9001).
- Good understanding of API 653/650 standards.
- Experience in a petrochemical/oil & gas environment essential.
- Implement project management strategy.
- Provide input into the business unit strategic Capex investment plan.
- Prepare Capex justifications/business cases for all projects.
- Develop and track the project plan for each project and give feedback to management.
- Conduct feasibility studies.
- Plan, organise and execute all projects within agreed time, cost and budget scopes.
- Execute optimisation program.
- Identify risk exposure and risk mitigation measures.
- Provide input from project perspective into the business unit business plans.
- Maintain internal and external customer relations.
- Submit monthly management reports as required by the business.
- Ensure project post mortems are conducted after each project.
- Ensure that all project management procedures and work instructions are in place.
- Review project effectiveness after the completion of each project and compile reports.
- Drive the management of change process.
- Effectively manage contractors.
- Create and maintain positive workplace relationships.
- Assist in managing overall Capex budget.
- Ensure all project documents are archived and controlled.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to plan organise, prioritise and multi-task at a senior level.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- High levels of integrity and confidentiality.
- Team player and customer focused.
- Ability to work under pressure and make decisions.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Good understanding of the OHS Act and other industry applicable legislation.
- Ability to interact with and influence external and internal stakeholders.
- Computer literate.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.