WIP Production Planner Durban
- Ad Placed : 20 Nov 2019 07:01:53 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : R 150000 - R 200000 - PER YEAR
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Professions
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal
- Company : Objective Personnel
Work in Progress Production Planner
- Minimum Matric
- Production Management Diploma
- Marketing and Sales Management will be a plus
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in WIP in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 1 year experience in stock control
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in metal industry
- Minimum 1 years’ experience using Microsoft Packages and Syspro
- Day to day production planning to run smooth with pre-planning for the following day.
- Day to day liaison with Operations Manager, ensuring targeted milestones is met on time.
- Ensure quality products are produced.
- Meet lead times of 3 to 5 days.
- Finished goods to be produced cost effectively.
- Liaising between different departments (Sales & Operations) to ensure information received is correct according to customer’s requirements.
- To become the pivotal point between the Sales Dept & Operations Dept.
- Day to day liaison with Dispatch Supervisor to ensure goods are produced and delivered on time.
- Convert Sales orders into production orders through ‘Syspro’ and ensure that correct material is available to meet the customer’s needs on time
- Develop & maintain production planning schedule.
- Develop Maintain & updating project schedule for onsite rolling.
- Loading of Master Schedule through ‘Syspro’ to match the volume specified by the production planning schedule.
- Notify all Stakeholders of any deviation due to machine breakdowns or material shortages.
- Review & manage change requests from customers and making appropriate re-schedules.
- Accurately create job cards
- Accurately issue coils to the job (use SMS first)
- Ensure that the correct coil is BTS’ed and the job is closed
- Provide stockholding days forecasts
- Be part of the Stock committee for ordering and placing of stock order.
- Assist with Cycle Counts on a weekly basis
- Ensure all jobs are reversed before quarterly stock takes
- Assist in preparation of quarterly stock take one week before
- Participate in stock take according to the published list for the quarterly stock count
- Assist with work when other employees are off duty
- Assist Operations Manager with ad hoc items - as and when needed
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.