- Ad Placed : 23 Mar 2019 12:30:38 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Part Time
- Industry : Management
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal
- Company : Transman (Pty) Ltd
Technical Estimator- Shipping Industry
Our Client is Seeking to employ a Technical Estimator for their Shipping Industry in Durban.
Prepare accurate estimates for manufacturing by gathering information and analyzing important data.
The ideal candidate will have excellent numerical skills and an analytical mindset.
The goal is to provide detailed, accurate estimates so the company can make informed decisions that will enhance success and growth.
- Prepare work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identify labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Obtain and review offers and quotes by subcontractors or vendors.
- Understand the project and its requirements.
- Determine key variables for cost and other estimates.
- Gather first-hand information from sites, warehouse or other venues.
- Conduct research to obtain data on labor cost, materials, production times, etc.
- Proven experience as a technical estimator, technical planner, or similar position.
- Experience in a shipyard or on a ship as an officer, port engineer or repair supervisor or 5 years as a construction supervisor for large
- Demonstrated understanding of financial and project management principles.
- In depth knowledge of research and data analysis methods and estimation formulas.
- Excellent mathematical skills and an analytical mindset
- Ability to quickly adapt to varying project disciplines. i.e. switch from metal fabrication, to fiberglass, to scenic finishing, to machining, etc.
Please send cvs to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.