General Manager: Hotel / Resort / Conferencing **
- Ad Placed : 08 Nov 2019 02:01:36
- Remuneration : R 55000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal
- Company : Dream Hotels and Resorts
Other General Employment
A well-established leisure resort in KZN is looking to place a General Manager to manage their popular corporate and leisure destination. The GM will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the resort and its staff. Is accountable for budgets, financial management, planning, organising and directing all hotel services, e.g. front-of-house (reception, concierge, reservations), food and beverage operations, as well as housekeeping. Due to the specific location and particular job specifications, preference will be given to Employment Equity Candidates.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Day-to-day management of the resort
- Manage & coordinate Department Heads (HOD) and Managers:
- work schedules
- recruitment and hiring of new staff problem solve staff issues
- execution of performance reviews and
- training of staff
- Execution of activities via instructions to the HOD’s & supervision of execution
- Manage budgets, forecasts & implement costs savings
- Responsible for in-dept negotiations and relationship building with Governmental entities & Community Leaders; Majority of business is Government conference (44%)
- Maintain high quality of operations (internal & external audits)
- Implement the SOPs optimally in the resort and act as a flag ship establishment for the brand
- Prepare monthly financial reporting
- Ensure effective administration for invoices, payment thereof and drafting of management data
- Complaints management
- Leading meetings and committees required by the group
- Ensure +85% guest satisfaction throughout resort.
- 5+ years’ exp within the hotel/lodge/ property industry & Hotel Management
- Related Hospitality Management qualification preferably tertiary
- Previous exp in Government negotiations and relationship building
- Sound track record of customer satisfaction
- Highly organized and efficient
- Pro-active, result driven and flexible
- Both team player and captain (hands-on)
- Strong written English and copy-writing skills.
- Advanced computer literacy
- Exp in project planning and skilled in prioritizing projects / tasks.
- Strong managerial skills
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.