Unit Manager - Surgical
- Ad Placed : 27 Sep 2019 03:20:44
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal
- Company : Pronel Consultants
Other General Employment
Our client in the Umhlanga area is recruiting for a Unit Manager - Surgical, to be responsible for monitoring and ensuring that nursing care and service delivery is implemented and practiced within a multi-disciplinary quality assurance team.
- Manage acuities and skill mix in such a way as to ensure cost effective quality care
- Manage all costs emanating from the department
- Ensure correct billing, stock management and purchasing
- Facilitate timorous and accurate compilation of files
- Identify quality improvement opportunities and ensure appropriate strategy and Quality Improvement initiatives are developed and measured
- Active involvement in own professional development to maintain a satisfactory level of skill and knowledge
- Keep up to date with company’s evolving policies and procedures
- Keep abreast of current research in the applicable discipline
- Create an environment where staff are aware of the role they play in the provision of quality nursing care and their value to the organization
- Assign decision making, authority, tasks and responsibility to appropriate persons in order to maximize organisation and employee effectiveness.
- Monitor staff attendance and/or absenteeism and ensure action is taken accordingly
- Enforce staff dress code within and on leaving the Hospital
- Facilitate effective change and conflict management
- Orientation of new staff and students
- Facilitate staff development both personal and professional
- Coaching and mentoring of staff
- Ensure professional conduct and appearance of staff
- Promote staff well being
- Work effectively and cooperatively with others to establish and maintain good working relationships that are mutually beneficial.
- Create and maintain a positive environment where the differences of others are recognized, understood, and valued, so that all can reach their full potential and maximize their contributions.
- Develop collaborative relationships to help accomplish work goal
- Maintain customer intimacy through building relationships with doctors, nursing staff, suppliers and building patient loyalty
- Build strategic inter-departmental relationships to help achieve business goals at Exco and departmental level within the hospitals
- Foster an effective working relationship with service providers
- Develop a talented nursing workforce.
- Foster an effective working relationship with Public liability
- Facilitate a culture that is supportive of talent management and the initiation of required implementations to hone nursing talent
- Co-operate with company Education Division to ensure appropriate nursing training for the delivery of quality care
- A relevant nursing qualification (Diploma in General Nursing/ B Cur Degree) or equivalent NQF 7 qualification
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Registered Nurse
- Compliance with the SANC code for a Registered Nurse and all applicable health care legislations
- A relevant management qualification will be advantageous
- An intermediate level of Computer proficiency
- 2 or more years experience in a private hospital setting
- Experience in clinical leadership
- Sound financial knowledge and the ability to interpret financial data
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.