- Ad Placed : 05 Feb 2020 15:43:42 Affiliate ad
- Remuneration : R 480000 - PER YEAR
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Employment Level : Senior Management
- Industry : Finance/Accounting
- Region : Kwazulu-Natal
- Company : Sharon Nurock Recruitment cc
This UK based global leader, together with their South African offshore location and in combination with their software business, supports solutions to over 50 clients across many industry verticals.
- Reports into the Group CFO and the Head of Finance - UK.
- Be accountable for the detailed administrative, finance and accounting functions of the business to ensure the smooth running of the company and related companies.
- Collaborate with various departments in the business including but not limited to, Human Resources, Operations, Management Information and IT. There is a need to also report into the business’ Management Committee on a fortnightly basis.
- Requires someone with effective communication skills, an enquiring mind and the ability to plan and implement effective time management
- Requires a duty of care, integrity and honesty in all dealings with or on behalf of the company.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- CA (SA) plus preferably one year of commercial working experience.
- Pref available mid-February.
Operational Execution – Financial Oversights and Decision Making:
- Prepare financial forecasting models and new customer pricing models to evaluate new and existing business opportunities.
- Prepare and maintain a rolling cash flow forecast based on business requirements.
- Ensure that full management accounts are prepared and submitted to Directors and Shareholders on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that quarterly financial forecasting is prepared timeously and accurately in conjunction with all relevant departments.
- Monitor income and expenses in line with relevant budgets.
- Ensure that accounting and internal control best practices are maintained.
- Identify system weaknesses and recommendations for improvements identified and implemented.
- Liaise with Heads of Finance in the UK.
- Attend fortnightly strategy meetings with the UK Executive Team and Shareholders including reporting on company performance
Operational Execution – Transactional:
- Process the cash book entries.
- Prepare invoices for customers and liaise with them regarding on boarding, outstanding accounts and other related functions.
- Process and reconcile all supplier invoices, accounts including the loading of supplier payments.
- Ensure debtors’, creditors’ and bank reconciliations are performed on a monthly basis. Ensure monies are received when due and follow up on outstanding debtors.
- Liaise with the company’s bankers including dealing with the SA Reserve Bank for cross-border transactions.
- Prepare monthly payroll and submit statutory returns.
- Ensure that general ledger reconciliations are performed on a monthly basis.
- Ensure the fixed asset registers are maintained.
- Ensure VAT is correctly accounted for.
- Ensure all statutory returns are dealt with timeously.
- Allocate income and expenses within and between the group companies via invoicing.
- Prepare and facilitate the statutory audit.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.