- Ad Placed : 24 Oct 2020 03:46:42
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Johannesburg
- Company : SA Metal
Other General Employment
The IT Technician performs all aspects of IT Support, amongst others:
- First and second line support
- Escalate all difficult user problems to IT Manager
- Follow up on all logged tickets
- Training and support of staff on IT Systems
- Set up new PC’s, Printers, users profiles, user email, mobile devices and servers
- Ensure All Process Checklists are completed.
- Trouble shooting problems with the user
- Configuring of IP cameras
- Monitoring of connected devices and the connectivity between Branches
- Maintaining IT Documentation – Procedures
- Reporting faults to 3rd party suppliers and follow up
- Undertake travel to sites to perform installations and maintenance as required
- Windows Server (2008/2012/2016/2019) installations and configurations, including DHCP, DNS and Active Directory.
- Hyper-V Host and Guest installation, configuration, maintenance and migrations.
- EaseUS Backup configurations and restorations.
- Mobile Device Support, Configuration and Troubleshooting.
- Basic stock maintenance (adding equipment to stock, removing from stock, audit etc).
- N+ (CompTIA) A+ (CompTIA), MCSE/MCITP would be highly advantageous
- Microsoft Windows (7.8.10)
- Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019
- Knowledge of hardware-software configuration and installation
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Own reliable transport
- Previous experience of at least 5 years in a similar role
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019
- Networking, Switches and Router configuration
- Any forms of MDM would be advantageous.
- Able to liaise professionally with customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Hard working and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Willing to work over-time when required to
- Good communication skills
- Excellent organizing skills with attention to detail
- Must be able to work quickly and well under pressure
- Willing to take on extra responsibilities
- Feeds off IT Knowledge and keeps abreast of new technologies.
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.