- Ad Placed : 10 Jul 2020 03:20:32
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Johannesburg
- Company : Pro Tem
Other General Employment
Our Client in the fin-tech industry is seeking to employ a competent Python Developer to work with their back-end team.
Purpose of Role
To work with the company’s back-end team to maintain the company’s platform, add new features, and expand the company’s portfolio of projects into new directions.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience
- Python 2.7 and 3.5
- Experience with object-oriented principles, methodologies, and patterns.
- Familiarity with PEP-8 is expected
- Experience with Django Rest Framework
- Experience with Django Channels or equivalent library for implementing asycPostgreSQL
- Familiarity with its capabilities, such as document storage within the RDB.
- Comfort with implementing custom APIs.
- Knowledge of best practices and standards for implementing an HTTP REST API
- Experience with migrating a legacy Python project from 2.7 to 3.x
- Experience with Pandas and/or NumPy
- Experience with PyTest, tox
- Experience with TDD or BDD is beneficial
- Usage of PostgreSQL-specific Django ORM query functions and tools
- Ability to use a tool such as Postman, Insomnia, cURL or equivalent API testing/querying tool
- Experience using Git Flow as a branching strategy
What will set you apart?
- Experience with data cleaning or validation.
- Setting up a data pipeline, or a data warehouse.
- Implementing caching using Django.
- Experience with task queuing systems, such as Huey, Celery, RQ or equivalent.
- Experience implementing a microservices architecture.
- Experience with integration of multiple custom platforms.
- Experience with implementing an API Gateway.
- Having contributed to an open source Python project, or to the Python community.
- Knowing your own knowledge gaps and working to close them.
- Being a team player! A willingness to help out where needed, mentor those more junior than you, and step up to whatever challenge we face as a team.
- Contributing to the organisation’s growing list of Django and Python projects, but primarily to the organisation’s existing monolithic workflow and claims management system.
- Consistently review other team members’ code, and have your code reviewed as well.
- Work closely with the organisation’s product owner/s, designers, data/business analysts, and front-end and mobile developers to ensure the platform is achieving its goals.
- Working in an agile environment. That means participating in sprints, sprint rituals, and having good ticket hygiene!
Please note that if you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You are welcome to call our offices for more information on 011 518 4600
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.