Commercial technical underwriter
- Ad Placed : 12 Jul 2020 03:39:56
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Johannesburg
- Company : FHH Consultants
Other General Employment
A specialised insurance and asset management firm within the engineering sector requires a commercial technical underwriter in Johannesburg
- Matric / Grade 12 essential
- Tertiary education is an advantage
- FAIS compliant including all relevant credits and RE5 exam
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Commercial – not negotiable
Duties and Responsibilities and Performance Outcomes:
- Ensuring that staff issue policies, amendments and processes without error within 24 hours.
- Streamline processes in the underwriting department.
- Assisting in ensuring that the loss ratios are reduced.
- Risk Management.
- Utilizing the business description report to ensure good quality business on the books.
- Must have Technical knowledge on Non-Motor and Motor.
- High level underwriting queries internal and external – Turnaround time 24 hours.
- Ensuring that policies and amendments are issued without error within 24 hours.
- Checking all documentation to ensure correctness before processing.
- Quotations & Rating.
- Processing of new policies according to company procedures.
- Renewal & Renewal Invites to be done timeously.
- Processing endorsements.
- Handling queries from Credit Control department.
- Cancellation of policies.
- Handling queries from brokers – Turnaround time 24 hours.
- General correspondence with broker via e-mail, fax or telephone.
- Diarize issues that need to be followed up.
- Ensure filing of closings and schedules according to company procedure (electronically).
- General office administration.
- Develop relationships with clients and ensure high level of service.
- Assist with underwriting queries internal and external – Turnaround time 24 hours.
- Ensure all risks are written within our Treaty limits.
- No declined risks are accepted or renewed.
- If required FAC is placed by negotiating with NNAC.
- Managing staff and staff related issues.
- Training of staff.
- Perform all other functions as required or requested within reason
- Self-starter and highly self-motivated, able to work independently.
- FAIS Compliant : Must already have the RE certificate and qualifications.
- Accuracy and high attention to detail.
- Presentable and professional at all times.
- Computer literate.
- Problem solving.
- Ability to overcome objections.
- Ability to work with a diverse range of personalities.
- Ability to manage staff and work
Package on Offer:
- High basic plus excellent commission structure, contribution to medical, petrol reimbursement for business use
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.