PI & L Underwriter
- Ad Placed : 12 Jul 2020 03:39:55
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Johannesburg
- Company : FHH Consultants
Other General Employment
Insurance underwriters analyse risk in insurance proposals, determine policy terms and calculate premiums on the basis of actuarial, statistical and background information.
- Grade 12
- AIISA or working towards completing of qualification
- FAIS compliant
- Must have liability and/or professional indemnity background
- Minimum 10 years’ experience.
- Must have attention to detail
- Proficient in MS programs including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Must be able to handle pressurised environment
- Teamwork a must
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that policies and amendments are issued without error within 2 days
- Checking all documentation to ensure correctness before processing.
- Renewal and new business processing and issuing of quotations
- Ensure all renewal & renewal invites are done timeously.
- Processing endorsements.
- Handling queries from Credit Control department.
- Cancellation of policies.
- Handling queries from brokers – turnaround time of 24 hours
- General correspondence with broker via e-mail, fax or telephone.
- Diarise issues that need to be followed up.
- Ensure filing of closings and schedules according to company procedure.
- General office administration.
- Develop relationships with clients and ensure high level of service
- Assist with streamlining processes in the underwriting department
- Assist with underwriting queries internal and external – turnaround time 24 hours
- Comply with the PI & Liability Treaty arrangement
- Ensure all risks are written within the Treaty limits
- Perform all other functions as required or requested within reason from time to time
Skills, Knowledge and other Requirements:
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong attention to thoroughness and detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to respond appropriately to unexpected challenges and shifting priorities.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Create a “solution-based” environment.
- Ability to conduct basic online research.
- Knowledge and interest in development issues.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work and communicate within a culturally diverse environment.
- Completes tasks in a timely and cost-effective way.
- Respond promptly and always in a professional manner.
- Demonstrates personal integrity and trustworthiness.
- Pursues thoroughness and appropriate detail.
- Sets high standards and monitors compliance.
- Communicates clearly and conveys intended meaning keeping records of these.
- Facilitates appropriate information flow and PR amongst all staff.
- Prioritises many demands without losing focus.
Package on Offer:
- Negotiable (based upon experience and qualifications)
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.