Business Development Manager
- Ad Placed : 13 Jul 2020 03:44:33
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Johannesburg
- Company : FHH Consultants
Other General Employment
A global exhibition and conference company that produce industry specific conferences and build massive exhibitions around them require a Business Development Manager to sell exhibition space and various marketing sponsorships to large corporate companies via telephone and face-to- face meetings, and to deliver the highest possible overall sales performance and success of the events.
- University degree
- Sales tools, approaches and standards
- Copywriting fundamentals
- Negotiation techniques
- Business to business sales techniques
- Word processing and basic spreadsheet fundamentals
- Driver’s license and own transport required to attend meetings with buyers.
Duties and Responsibilities and Performance Outcomes:
- Market research, planning and positioning – Conduct local and global research on the industry and plan the event with the project team
- Develop business and sales plans and timelines in conjunction with the project team
- Conduct primary research to understand target market profiles (attendee and vendor), competition, event positioning and viability – through desk and telephone research and meetings
- Consult with major clients and prospects to determine and drive the key project goals
- Sales – Demonstrate ownership of and use the Sales methodology to sell sponsorship and exhibition packages
- Consistently hit event revenue targets
- Use SPIN methodology to investigate customer needs
- Use T-Forms and related documentation to capture relevant information
- Present tailored, benefit-driven solutions
- Produce strong and effective sponsorship proposals
- Pitch effectively across multiple decision makers
- Negotiate to deliver consistently high yields across sponsorship packages
- Use customer-centric, well-written and tailored communication
- Campaign management – Take ownership and responsibility for directing efforts towards event revenue and other goals
- Follow the event sales strategy and plan as outlined in the launch
- Manage activities to work towards agreed project goals
- Meet expected KPIs for activity levels, call rates and meetings held
- Specific minimum activity levels are: 50 telephone calls per day; 5 T-forms per day (25 per week); 3 customer meetings per week; add 30 companies to the event pipeline every day
- Proactively seek ways to overcome obstacles to achieving event goals
- Keep clear, accurate records of progress by using pipeline template
- Account management and customer service – Foster positive customer relationships and internal relationships with all your event partners to ensure we deliver quality and value to our clients
- Liaise with sponsors prior to event to understand key requirements and criteria of success
- Maximise the positive experience for our clients by working with them onsite to effect introductions and meet their needs
- Produce high-quality, approved post-event report within 2 weeks after the event; conduct all post-event meetings within two months of the event
- Create post-show participation reports for sponsors and present/mail to them
- Leverage relationships into ongoing rebooking campaigns
- Copy returned contracts to Conference Manager, Customer Services Manager and Experience Manager and ensure invoices are sent out
- Business development – Build an industry network, improve sector and business knowledge, and identify and develop new business opportunities
- Create extra revenues and partnerships from our key clients through new products
- Gain new clients and grow our universe of buyers
- Attend events to network and generate new business opportunities
- Regularly read relevant business press and actively seek to improve knowledge of relevant industries
- Network at associations; go to meetings
- Meet all key clients on a regular basis and present forward schedule and events
- Marketing – Contribute as appropriate to project marketing campaigns and maximise the marketing benefits of sponsorship for clients and the company
- Write strong effective, sales-focused marketing copy, including sponsorship prospectus content and web copy
- Obtain client and prospect lists - add a minimum of 100 names to the event database plus 1-2 other 100+ lists for the database per month
- Accurately and continuously maintain all customer contacts and information on the event database
- Write exprom, visprom or newsletter copy, as requested and by deadline
- Get logos and ad copy, by deadline, from sponsors; get their signed approval of their logos/copy on all promotional material before print
- Manage print production of sales brochures – proofread and ensure turnaround in 3 proofs
- Financial management and productivity – Minimise event costs and ensure all revenues are collected on time
- Control event costs – negotiate contra-deals, get alternative quotes
- Raise invoices within 24 hours of receipt of contracts
- Coordinate with credit control and ensure invoices are paid
- Inform experience managers and conference managers of the full packages offered to clients so they can estimate costs correctly.
- Attain 100% exhibitor and sponsor payments before event – assist Customer Service Managers to gain payment
- Adhere to all event deadlines as per the event business and sales plans
- Puts First Things First – Focuses on what is important and is disciplined in planning, addressing priorities, and delivers to the highest standards
- Focuses on what is important and prioritises own time accordingly.
- Plans in advance and takes account of possible ‘roadblocks’.
- Works in a methodical, structured and organized manner and adheres to policies and procedures.
- Achieves results by managing time effectively (spending at least 50% of time in ‘Quadrant
2’ – planning, seeking opportunities, preparing, crisis prevention, building relationships).
- Consistently achieves targets and meets deadlines.
- Maintains a desired ‘work / life’ balance
- Customer Focus – Strives to consistently exceed the expectations of clients and colleagues alike
- Is motivated and driven by providing the highest standards of service.
- Continuously seeks ways to raise levels of customer service.
- Seeks feedback, acts on information and ensures service standards are improved.
- Builds lasting and mutually beneficial relationships
- Adaptability – Being receptive and adaptive to change and positively promotes the value and benefits to be derived from change
- Learns new skills and knowledge and applies learning effectively.
- Has an appreciation for the commercial benefits of new ideas and opportunities and seizes them.
- Anticipates and shapes opportunities whilst maintaining a positive outlook.
- Deals effectively with the unpredictable and uncertain.
- Works productively under pressure.
- Influencing others – Ability to motivate others to take the most appropriate course of action through effective persuasion and presentation
- Engages with and relates well to others by establishing trust-based relationships.
- Communicates clearly and expresses opinions in a logical, objective and persuasive manner.
- Adapts own style to ensure a positive impact on others.
- Inspires, motivates and demonstrates a positive influence over others.
- Builds a wide and effective network of contacts both inside and outside the organization.
- Gains support and commitment to a course of action
- Presents with impact, credibility and self-confidence.
- Focus on customer needs
- Research and analytical ability
- Commercially minded, business acumen
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal, relationship management and networking skills
- Planning/time management/self-organization and self-discipline
- Initiative - proactive and able to work independently
- Able to work with others and in a team
- Innovative & creative
- Determination and drive to succeed
- Dependable – takes responsibility for own actions, keeps commitments
Package on Offer:
- High basic plus excellent commission structure, contribution to medical, petrol reimbursement for business use
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.