- Ad Placed : 21 Oct 2020 03:52:53
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Johannesburg
- Company : SA Metal
Other General Employment
A Business Analyst focused on analyzing business processes, identifying business opportunities, investigating system and process-related problems while recommending and implementing improvements, generating reports and developing solutions for our different department as in line with their particular requirements. He / She will also have to:
- Collect and summarize data in preparation for statistical and analytical reports i.e. KPI reports, daily and weekly reports etc.
- Interpret, evaluate, connect data, and integrate business analyses and projections for reporting purposes.
- Analysis and design of business processes and functionality.
- Plan system document requirements and be the custodian of all system related documents for both Developers and Business Intelligence
- Test system changes before implementation (quality assurance).
- Provide continuous system training (revision for current employees and system on-board training for new employees)
- Assisting developers with the understanding of the design and requirements.
- Assisting in user interface and wireframes design.
- Assisting in defining test strategies and performing functional / regression testing.
- Ensuring issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved.
- Ensuring that the business conditions for the product have been met.
- Developing end user business documentation for software enhancements, modifications and interfaces.
- Develop reports by leveraging BI tool such as Microsoft Reporting Services platform (SSRS), SSAS, Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SQL, MS Excel, pivot tables and other tools
- Produce high quality reports and ensure accurate data.
- Undertake duties as directed and requested by the Business Intelligence Manager to support the delivery and implementation of projects.
- Provide assistance with project documentation, i.e.: SOP’s, process mapping, method statements, test methods, requirements and functional specifications, change requests, case studies, reports, etc.
- Prepare written responses to routine enquiries.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in a related field (preferably Industrial Engineering)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in business analysis
- Knowledge of Microsoft BI Products (Power Pivot or Power BI, SQL Server, SSAS)
- Experience developing applications leveraging structured query language (SQL) Server as the database
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Detail-orientated and Quality focused
- Ability to organize effectively and prioritize own workload
- MS Office advanced proficiency - Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Power BI, Visio
- Must able to work accurately, under pressure, in order to meet strict deadlines
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.