SENIOR SPECIALIST: HUMAN SETTLEMENTS
- Ad Placed : 17 Dec 2019 01:00:02
- Remuneration : R 37500 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Johannesburg
- Company : We Outsource (Pty) Ltd
Other General Employment
The primary objective of this role is to promote a conducive environment that will enable the banks to continue to provide competitive, sustainable, and customer-centric financial services and products which are green economy, social or sustainability finance nuanced. This includes support for the Sustainable Development Goals and climate change. At the same time the role needs to create awareness and assist banks where possible to introduce policy and process frameworks in respect environmental and social risk governance, including climate risk.
The secondary objective of this role is for the incumbent to be aware of and support initiatives within the agriculture and human settlements areas of focus. This will enable the incumbent, to deputise and fulfil short duration support for these areas.
The main focus areas and competencies, qualification and experience required for this position are:
- Enable my client to be the “Voice of the Industry” of the banking sector through formulation of positions on critical regulatory, supervisory or key stakeholder issues.
- Proactively identify and drive initiatives affecting the salient banking sector product house frameworks.
- Play the role of a legal advisor/regulatory expert to various stakeholders.
- Collaborate and build consensus with member bank representatives on a continuous basis to arrive at positions achieving agreed objectives independently or in collaboration with the General Manager of the Division. This will include consolidating member positions on various issues to develop a sector position.
- Create and/or enhance service offerings within the sphere of operations for my client to deliver continuous value to its members.
- Represent my client at conferences, seminars and meetings with regulatory authorities and other stakeholders to defend and present the interests of the banking sector.
- Participate in, create and promote a collaborative, learning and performance-oriented culture.
- Drive projects efficiently and effectively by adhering to defined performance objectives.
- Conduct domestic and international research on different topics and compile reports, and media articles.
- Maintain effective relationships with salient member bank representatives and all stakeholders.
- Assist in managing inputs/outputs from meetings with members and external stakeholders.
- Assist the General Manager: Human Settlements with identified projects and outputs.
Competencies, Qualification and Experience:
- To have at least two years and preferably at least 5 years’ previous experience in the banking or financial services sector. A Master’s Degree in one of the areas of focus would be advantageous.
- Have a good understanding of regulation and supervision in the financial sector and an appreciation of the political and social context of regulatory issues.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, be professional and proactive, a self-starter and be able to interact strategically with diverse stakeholders.
- Can work independently and make decisions, being mindful of stakeholders’ interests.
- Have the ability to manage and be accountable for projects.
- Have a working knowledge of the law, the political dynamic, socio-political imperatives, regulatory issues impacting on property finance, agriculture and sustainable finance will be an advantage.
- Can conduct research and compile submissions, reports and media releases.
- Have a strong interest in influencing changes to regulatory frameworks in the interest of the banking sector.
- Be a strong team player.
- Be able to work under pressure and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- As meetings are a critical success factor for the Department, the incumbent will be expected to project manage inputs/outputs of meetings, both internal and external ensuring that assigned tasks are delivered on time and in scope.
Applicants will be interviewed and considered based on their ability to meet the requirements of this position. The job requirements mentioned above will be used to ensure the correct identification of the successful candidate.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Closing date: 03 December 2019
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.