General Manager Programme and Operations - Payments Division (BEE Position)
- Ad Placed : 11 Dec 2019 02:19:07
- Remuneration : R 900000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Johannesburg
- Company : We Outsource (Pty) Ltd
Other General Employment
General Manager Programme and Operations - Payments Division
R900 000 CTC NEG
The Payments Division is inviting suitably qualified and experienced individuals, who are passionate about change and efficiency, to apply for the above mentioned position.
- Purpose of the role – General Manager Programme & Operations
- The primary objective of this role, therefore, is to expertly manage interbank payment programmes and projects for the banking industry to enable effective collaboration that ensures an appropriate mix between the need for adaptation whilst maintaining stability. This must be done in a strategic yet prudent manner that ensures good choices, reduces duplication and rework, and ensures an optimal use of banking industry assets.
- The focus areas and the competencies, qualification and experience required for this position are to:
- Focus Areas
- Support the executive mandate of the head of the Payments Division,
- Group and organise the various projects and programmes in the Payments Division,
- Remain up to date with the latest thinking in the many aspects of payments and the National Payment System in order to fulfil the management responsibilities of an executive led organisation,
- Forge dynamic partnerships with the relevant stakeholders,
- Drive thinking towards adaptiveness rather than prediction in the interbank payments industry,
- Proactively drive initiatives, by researching the subject matter and developing a straw man position whilst ensuring all members expressing an interest in that initiative are consulted and have an opportunity to provide input into the industry position,
- Build a Payments Division Programme that monitors and manages each project dynamically,
- Ensure professionalism by ensuring adequate records of meetings are kept, consolidating relevant inputs into the positions of the industry, providing concise reports to senior management, and ensuring adequate feedback to all interested parties.
- Function, as mandated, as the voice of the industry local, regional and international stakeholders and interested parties requiring in-depth knowledge of the Payments Industry,
- Attend external meetings, conferences and seminars and promoting the views of the Company.
- The individual required should
- Have a desire to work in payments and banking,
- Represent the Payments Division, the Company, and the banking industry passionately, in a professional manner,
- Have the ability to strategically position the industry within a complex environment,
- Have the ability to work independently on multiple work items simultaneously,
- Be proactive, adaptive rather than predictive, and personally invested in successful outcomes,
- Have the resolve to ensure deadlines are met, whilst retaining a professional demeanour,
- Be capable of taking decisions and ensuring progress, based on the mandate given,
- Have a range of interpersonal skills that enable the incumbent to engage with a broad spectrum of senior personnel both within the industry and externally,
- Develop trusted working relationships based on honest and empathetic engagement,
- Have a functional knowledge of the National Payment System,
- Be capable of effective Agile program management in the large and diverse interbank payments environment,
- Be capable of developing and maintaining effective project teams.
- The required individual
- Must have appropriate experience in banking or a similar industry,
- Must have appropriate and hands-on experience managing large complex programmes in the banking industry, preferably
- Related to payments and the National Payment System,
- Working with inter-bank teams,
- Must have a working knowledge of software development in banking and payments, preferably experienced in Agile software development,
- Should have experience in change management.
- An appropriate business-related qualification from a recognised institution, ideally at postgraduate level MBA, BComm (Hons), BSc (Hons), BSc (Eng).
- Active certification as a project manager from an accredited body.
- Agile certification, ideally as a scrum-master.
- Whilst the need for sensitivity is understood, applicants must be able to provide contactable references.
- Focus Areas
The closing date for applications is Friday, 22 November 2019. Please email your applications directly through to email@example.com with the subject line: General Manager
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.