Information Security Engineer
- Ad Placed : 20 Jan 2020 02:59:00
- Remuneration : R 45000 - PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Johannesburg
- Company : AL1 Realisations
Other General Employment
As an Information Security Consultant, you will be responsible for supporting our Information Security function for Africa. You will support local security technologies, represent Global Information Security on local projects and provide technical guidance and recommendations to local IT management and other stakeholders.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Act as a strategic security advisor on application development and technology deployment projects, maintaining a working knowledge of Information Security Policy and standards and, when needed, collaborate with regional and global Information Security leads and subject matter experts to provide guidance on security posture.
- Monitor threat and vulnerability management tools for alerts or changes in the company’s security disposition and respond to anomalous events accordingly. This includes assisting the Global Security Operations Center with local security investigations and coordinating with IT leaders and engineers as appropriate.
- Assist in planning, adoption and implementation of the company’s security posture and solutions in Africa’s technology environments and platforms.
- Maintain and test incident response process and ensure its integration with the Global Threat Management framework.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of current security deviations, open assessment and audit findings, vulnerabilities, and alignment to the company’s security posture.
- Provide local operational support for information security tools such as Content Filtering, DLP, IDS/IPS, AV, WAF and others.
What you’ll bring
As a Consultant, you should have at minimum 4 - 6 years of hands-on information security experience, and a Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field. Specifically, you should have expertise and experience in the following technical and professional areas:
- Experience with designing, developing and implementing security processes, controls and technologies
- Working experience with multiple of the following: Vulnerability Management, AV, IDS/IPS, Content Filtering, DLP and Incident Response
- Working knowledge of industry frameworks and standards such as ISO 27001/27002
- Ability to operate independently as an information security advisor and a hands-on contributor on technology deployments and other projects
- Experience with performing system audits and security assessments, and in interfacing with external auditors
- Experience with reporting security metrics (dashboards, KPIs, KRIs)
- Understanding of Web applications and Layer 7 network protocols
- Working knowledge in at least two of the following: Windows, Open Systems and TCP/IP networks
- Penetration testing background
- Security certification such as CISSP, GIAC or CISM a plus
- Experience in working at global financial institutions a plus
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.