Scrub Sister - Theatre
- Ad Placed : 20 Jan 2020 02:50:21
- Remuneration : PER MONTH
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Industry : General Employment
- Region : Gauteng / Johannesburg
- Company : Pronel Consultants
Other General Employment
Our client based in Randburg, Johannesburg is recruiting for a Theatre Scrub Nurse, specialising in Neurology, who will be responsible for direct and indirect nursing care of a patient or a group of patients.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing; planning;executing and supervising the implementation of care to meet patient needs.
The Registered Nurse is a role model in the delivery of evidence based care.
The Registered Nurse will actively participate in Clinical governance.
- Practices patient care according to his / her scope of practice and assumes total responsibility for these activities.
- Contributes to the holistic care of patients
- Effective Risk prevention management
- Participate in unit’s quality improvement programme
- Attends handover of report at shift commencement
- Effective communication with patients regarding their care
- The promotion of health and wellbeing
- Practices the principles of Infection Prevention and all standard precautions
- Promotes and maintains good public relations with patients; relatives and visitors
- Executes all procedures according to the hospital standards
- Refer all complaints from patients and doctors to sister –incharge of the unit
- Carries out all departmental duties as assigned by supervisors
- Provides and supervises the delivery of evidence based nursing care
- Communicate with Health Care Practitioners regarding any change in health status
- Administer and store medication in accordance with the company Policy
- Assumes responsibility for own personal and professional development
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining competence in CPR
- Projects a positive professional image
- Promotes and maintains good working and interpersonal relationships with management; colleagues and doctors
- Keep up to date with company’s evolving policies and procedures
- Mentoring and supervision of junior healthcare providers and support staff
- Facilitation of learning environment
- Keep abreast of current research in their discipline
- Participate in staff development and maximizing performance
- Manage acuity and skill mix to ensure appropriate level of care
- Compliance with documentation policy
- Ongoing audit of health records to ensure compliance
- Ensure all stock is well controlled and managed; charged and credited appropriately
- Maintains a theraupic; clean and safe environment that is free from medico-legal hazards
- Adheres to the company Resuscitation and Reanimation policy
- Adheres to company medical waste management principles and all other waste management principles
- Maintains a safe working environment in accordance with Machinery and Occupational Safety Act
- Reports and acts upon potential / actual risk indentified
- Responsible for ensuring correct use; cleaning and storage of equipment
- Reports Equipment needing repair and replacement
- Maintain professional conduct and standards at all times in accordance with hospital policies and procedures
- Diploma in General Nursing Science & Midwifery or equivalent
- Registered with South African Nursing Council as a Registered Nurse
- 3 + years experience within an Operating Theatre essential
- Capacity to implement and maintain standards of health practice required from all accredited bodies and appropriate health legislation
- Thorough knowledge of general / specialized nursing theory and practice
To apply for this vacancy please access this job advert on a desktop computer.
Apply for other Jobs on Job Mail.